Thought I would do something different today. I went with my lovely cousin to Oxford street today in search of a nice blouse for her graduation. Can you believe we couldn't find anything? She's not even being fussy yet we couldn't find a plain blouse anywhere We also wanted to try out the new YSL foundation so off to Oxford street we went. I also wanted a concealer to cover up my blemishes so tried out a few throughout the day. I found today that having a blog has made me even more curious to swatch and try out raved about make up items so I shall give you a run down of the products I swatched throughout the day...
First up in Primark I saw this 'Tangle Teezer' looking contraption. I really want a tangle teezer but can't get myself to invest in what is essentially a brush. Has anybody tried Primarks version?
|Darn you missing bottles!|
|Samples in BD50 and BD60. I think a shade in between these 2 would have been perfect.|
Few things I swatched/tested throughout the day...
- MAC moisture cover concealer - I gave this a go today and NC30 matched quite well. It had decent coverage and felt moisturising but was undecided.
- Estee lauder double wear concealer - I really liked this. It gave good coverage but felt quite light on my skin. They seem to have a stocking issue as the MUA said they had none in stock and were waiting to get some from the warehouse.
- NARS pore minimising primer - I LOVED THIS! It was really hot today and throughout the day while fighting the crowds in Oxford Street I began sweating (Sorry ladies perspire) and my pores look huge when this happens. I put a bit of this on top and they shrunk immediately and I found it left the area really soft.
- NARS sheer glow - I finally gave this a go and to be honest wasn't completely wowed. My closest match was syracuse which was quite a good match. I prefer the YSL at first glance.
- Bobbi Brown lip gloss in Nougat - I really liked how this made my lips look but it was very sticky for the price.
I think that's everything...
After a completely tiring day we sat down for some lunch in Vapianos. I have heard a lot about this place but have never eaten there and was pleasantly surprised at how nice the place and food was.
|Pizza Lovers United|
|Just give me pizza and nobody gets hurt|
|Death by chocolate|
We had pasta arrabiata and a margherita pizza, both of which were yummy. Everything is cooked before you which I thought was a really nice touch.
Hope this post wasn't too random. I figured there was enough make up to justify it?
Are you going to try the new YSL foundation?
Till next time...Toodles! :) x