Saturday, 23 June 2012

Its easy as 1, 2, 3 - Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser review

Hi Ladies,

This morning I'll be reviewing one of the many Hot Cloth Cleansers on the market, with this probably being one of the cheapest. Being superdrug' own brand that surely comes as no surprise. I was in fact surprised when I skedaddled over to the Superdrug website to carry out my extensive research for this blog post (the things I do for you) to find it was £5.99. That isn't particularly expensive for 200ml but I must have bought it at half price as I remember paying £3! (Can I get a baaargain).


The cleanser comes with a muslin cloth (which I'll be honest I lost on the first day, it now rests somewhere in the abyss of my abode). I remember it being adequate for the job for what it's worth. I use the cleanser as more of a traditional cleanser in order to remove mascara and general eye make up. I use to spend ages in my room scrubbing away with cotton pads with make up remover till I discovered the hot cloth cleanser which needless to say I love! It comes out as a thick white cream and breaks down any make up 'easy as 1, 2, 3' (see what I did there?)


I know the Daddy of Hot Cloth Cleansers is the much raved about Liz Earle and although I have that in my drawer waiting to be used, I am absolutely ecstatic with my Superdrug one for now. For one the Almond scent is amazing and secondly the formula is perfectly moisturising for my drying skin. I know those with sensitive skin love the Liz Earle but I don't have sensitive skin myself so I'm not really sure what else Lizzy can offer me. I'll report back when I've given it a go.


Anyway here are some extremely unattractive pictures of me removing my mascara last night. This was the Maybelline Colossal which I reviewed in my last post.


My eyes have really got to stop meeting you like this.

This is when I initially started rubbing onto my eyes.

The cleanser doing its thang and yes I did take this picture with my eyes closed LIKE A BOSS. One of my many talents.

I figured an 'after' picture was not needed because it would just show my makeupless eyes. All traces removed :)

Summary

I LOVE IT! Inexpensive and effective. Just my sort of product!

Have you ever tried this cleanser? Which is your favourite Hot Cloth Cleanser?

Till next time...Toodles! :)



9 comments:

  1. Nice to see you have a blog now Mez! Need more food pictures though ;)

    http://pretty-in-pink-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks sara! Hope you enjoy my blog. I'm a but obsessed with it at the moment. I'll see what I can do about the food pics ;)

      Delete
  2. Never really got the hot cloth cleanser thing, I use Alpha H Aloe Vera Cleanser which is a cream formula and I love it because it doesn't sting my eyes and takes everything off and doesn't come with a piece of manky cloth! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annabella, that sounds exactly like how I use this cleanser! I just absolutely love the creamy formula which doesn't sting and takes everything off. Haven't really ever used it how a Hot Cloth Cleanser is typically used with a cloth lol x

      Delete
  3. Hi Mez,

    I know I sound really thick but, how do I use this? Rub it on and then wash it off?

    Best regards
    Raja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SS, it's not thick at all. I had no idea either at first and had to ask someone. Basically you put it on your dry skin at first and then like you said wash it off. But you use the cloth that comes with it and wet it with hot water and then wash it off so it kind of exfoliates a bit too. I don't use the cloth myself and it works perfectly.

      Delete
    2. Cheers Beanie! My new guru!

      Delete
  4. Hi Mez! I bought the above hot cloth cleanser today and was very impressed with the way it took my make up off! Muchos gracias!

    PS-I tried Apis NC37 MAC and it was a perfect shade match!! I told you I've gone fairer! Need to get rid of my MAC NC42 and Nars Sycasomething. Help me please?

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)