Saturday, 30 June 2012

Liquid liner showdown!

Hi ladies

Today I will be going through my liquid liners (with a sneaky gel liner hiding inside) finishing up with a round up of my favourite ones!

Here they are...

Who needs this many liners?! I should add my ELF cream liner had fully dried out after having it for well over a year so I could not include it in this round up.  I was impressed when I first got it for what it's worth.


From left to right we have:

  • STUDIOMAKEUP line styler pen
  • L'oreal super liner carbon gloss
  • Urban Decay 24/7 waterproof liquid liner in perversion
  • Topshop liner
  • MUA extreme felt eyeliner
  • ELF liquid liner
  • Maybelline Gel liner 

Now for the swatches (in the same order as above)

Top: Flash
Middle:  Natural light
Bottom: After a bit of rubbing


I took individual pictures of each swatch but figured it was unnecessary. As I always say, why post 7 photos when one will do eh? (I lied, I've never said that before).


They ain't kidding when they say waterproof!The Urban Decay required some scrubbing.

Round up

None of them were particularly horrendous although as you can see the ELF liner completely rubbed off when I rubbed it a little. So that is easily the worst of the lot.

The Topshop liner is pretty old and is therefore not as pigmented as it once was I have to admit. The MUA one looks brown in the picture even though it's meant to be black and the same for the studiomakeup liner (which isn't as easily forgiven at £12 a pop).

The L'oreal one I've heard lots of rave reviews about and I see why. It is glossy and pigmented but the applicator is thicker than I'm use too so it's hard to get a thin line.

My favourite 2 liners are the Urban Decay (Holy Grail status) and the Maybelline gel liner. You might think I'm crazy considering how badly the latter played out in the rubbing test but in hindsight I may have rubbed too quickly. I've used this liner to do a winged look plenty of times and on my water line (not that i'm advocating that) and it's always done well. It's creamy and pigmented and considering others that own the Bobbi Brown and MAC gel liners have preferred the Maybelline, it's not a bad one to give a go.

Now onto my favourite...the Urban Decay! It really is pigmented and best of all doesn't budge. I have rubbed it quite vigorously and it's still perfect. On top of that, the applicator is INCREDIBLY thin. I haven't seen anything like it and I would thoroughly recommend it!

Summary

For once, you get what you pay for. The Urban Decay 24/7 waterproof liquid liner in perversion is ah-may-zing and at £14 it is the most pricey of the lot.

What's your favourite liquid liner ladies?

Till next time...Toodles! x

2 comments:

  1. My favourite liquid liner is a Rimmel one, from what i remember it's fairly cheap but really does the job. I've been wearing the same one for years and I've never had problems with it coming off!

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)