Wednesday, 20 June 2012

"Pout for me". Sleek Pout Polish - review and swatches

Hi Ladies,


I'm on quite the roll here with these Blog posts! This morning I'll be reviewing and swatching 3 Sleek pout polishes. I have them in Electro Peach, Perfect Plum and Powder Pink. 


Let's start of by saying I'm a fan of Sleek. I don't have many products but I do have a few of the eye shadow palettes which I can do another post on if anybody is interested (who knows my swatches might be different from the millions of other posts out there?!).  I find the quality of their stuff is really good whilst also being inexpensive. A winning combo there, I'm sure you'll agree.


These particular products retail on the Sleek website for £4.30 and are available in Superdrug.


From left to right: Electro Peach, Perfect Plum & Powder Pink
Sorry about the dents, I bought these before the whole blogging malarkey. You can see which one is my favourite!

What sleek has to say about them

A tinted lip conditioning balm formulated with natural oils such as Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Avocado Extract and Vitamin A, C and E to help condition the lips and lock in moisture. 
It also includes SPF15 to help protect the lips from sun exposure.  

What I have to say about them

In short I'm a fan of these pout polishes. They are fairly pigmented (like most sleek products) without being drying. They also have a sort of sweet vanilla scent about them which I love! However, I wouldn't consider them a conditioning balm as such. It may just be because I have dry lips but I find that they can collect in all the little nooks and crannies and as a result I always wear a lip balm underneath which easily sorts out the problem.

Although they are pigmented (As you can see in the swatches below) some of the shades are still quite sheer so they are pretty easy to just 'pop on'. The Perfect Plum shade however is heavily pigmented and that would definitely require a bit of precision (unless you're into the messy look of course). On the other hand, Powder Pink is barely visible on my lips which may be because my lips are fairly pigmented.

Natural light:  From left to right - Electro Peach, Perfect Plum & Powder Pink



With flash:  From left to right: Electro Peach, Perfect Plum & Powder Pink
Electro Peach looks a lot more red toned in reality.
Powder Pink - As you an see it barely shows up

Electro Peach - Gives a slight reddish hint but nothing major

Perfect Plum -  This picture does not do it justice. Perfect Plum is  REALLY pigmented and much darker and vampy than this picture shows.


I should add my lips are not that abnormally huge!It's just a very up close and personal picture.

Summary

In short, I would recommend them. They are inexpensive and fairly pigmented. Perfect for the summer (although we aren't experiencing much heat) as they aren't particularly drying and the sheer shades aren't high maintenance.

Till next time...Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, absolutely love the Perfect Plum one! I love plum colours but with being quite pale I have to be careful with them otherwise I can look like a goth! Great review! x

    http://cosmetic-queen-bee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)