Saturday, 23 June 2012

Pucker up - Lip Balm collection and reviews.

Hi Ladies,

Today I'm going to go through my lip balm collection. I wouldn't consider myself a big collector like a certain Roberio that I know yet I seem to have amassed a fair few. Balms aren't the most glamorous of products I concede but it is quite the staple we all have because I'm telling you, crusty dry lips are NOT attractive.


So we shall work our way from left to right.


Blistex Intensive Moisturiser -  £2.59


This is perfect for the winter!It comes out as a white cream which took a bit of getting use too. I didn't use it in the day time but is perfect at night. Very creamy and moisturising.

Yes to Carrots Lip Butter


I've heard quite a bit about this brand on YouTube especially the make up remover wipes. The balm was fairly moisturising but I really disliked the scent. I'm not sure how to describe it but it may have something to do with the fact that it is All natural and 95% organic.

Burt's Bees replenishing lip balm with pomegranate oil - £3.69


I love this balm! Super moisturising and it smells nice too. I already have a back up and it is something that would be in my list of 'Holy Grail' products as they say.

ELF therapeutic conditioning lip balm in Orange Creme - £1.50


One of the cheapest balms of the lot yet actually surprisingly good. It has quite a nice scent and this is what I turn too before applying lipstick as the somewhat oily feeling makes sure the lipstick does not settle into any lines.

The Body Shop balm in Guava - Individual pot lip balm is £2


I received this in an Easter swap from a certain Scoobs. It came in a set of 3 but so far I have only tried this one. It smells GORGEOUS and is lovely on the lips.

Lanolips 101 ointment - £11.22


As you can see this is just a sachet of the balm which made an appearance in the LIB box. It is 100% lanolin (yes that is in essence sheep grease but look beyond that) and is wonderfully moisturising. It can also be used on cuticles, dry skin and so on but I have only used it on my lips. I also have the tinted version which is also lovely.

I love...strawberries & milkshake - 99p


This smells nice and leaves a glossy look on the lips. However, despite being pink it is not tinted and although is fairly moisturising it wouldn't be my first choice. The top layer is quite hard but it softens after a few uses.

So that's it ladies, a round up of my lip balms.

Which is your favourite?

Till next time...Toodles! x


4 comments:

  1. Lanolips s definitely my all time favourite... Specially the lemonaid version.

    I'm having a giveaway, if you'd like to enter. :)
    Fashion-olic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lanolips is definitely amazing. I've got it on as we speak :) x

      Delete
  2. Fab collection! Agreed it's not the most glam of all cosmetics, but there's something rather enjoyable about using lip balm I think (or maybe that's me being weird), I'm addicted! You should see my lot xD

    Kayleigh
    http://addictfordramaticsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kayleigh, Lol so true it really isn't glam but so essential! Thanks for checking out my blog :)

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)