Saturday, 28 July 2012

Empties #1


Hi ladies

So here is my first Empties post. I genuinely love these blog posts/videos! They seem to be very popular at the moment so I wanted to get in on the action. Some of these products have been empty for a while and my family are sick of the sight of them clogging up the bathroom shelf.


1. Clarisonic nourishing care cleanser (mini) - £21 for 177ml over on Feelunique.
I believe this came in a beauty box and I swapped for it over on BBS. I bought myself a Tresonic which is a Clarisonic dupe for a fraction of the price on Ebay and figured this would be a good cleanser to use with it. However, other than the scent I didn't like much else. It is a creamy formula designed for dryer skin types but personally I like something that froths up like my gel based Simple cleanser.
Repurchase? No.

2. Radox shower smoothie (travel size) - £2.95 for 200ml in Boots
Yummm I love the scent of this! You can clearly smell all the berries and it's a great size to take away on holiday. It has berry seeds which help to exfoliate but I have dry skin so require much more hardcore exfoliating. The creamy formula is nice and moisturising on the skin though.
Repurchase? No - just because I have plenty to get through

3. Superdrug mud therapy raspberry exfoliating mud mask - £2.59 from Superdrug (go figure)
I don't really use mud masks myself (although I do like the idea I just can't be bothered waiting around) but my dad really likes this. This is a mask and an exfoliator in one but personally, I would use an exfoliator myself to properly exfoliate and then a mask. I tend to get it when it's on offer although it's already inexpensive.
Repurchase? Already sat in my bathroom.

4. Neutrogena visibly clear pink grapefruit daily scrub - £.4.95 in Boots (currently 2 for £5 - say whaaaat)
I absolutely LOVE the smell of this! I discovered through this product, how much I love the scent of grapefruit. It is a really good scrub and has lots of gritty little bits. I'm surprised at the 2 for £5 offer and it's quite the bargain getting a second one for 5p (or one for 2.50 however you want to think about it).
Repurchase? No - Only because I have lotsss of scrubs to finish first and am loving the one I'm using currently.

5. Burts Bees grapefruit & Sugar beet shampoo/conditioner  - Bought a set for £10 from Ebay. Full size available for £9.99 each from Boots.
I have an extremely dry scalp and need something really moisturising to tackle that. I had to use quite a lot to get it to lather up but I guess that's because of how 'natural' it is (a very high percentage).  It has grapefruit in it so I liked the scent.
Repurchase? No - I use medicated shampoo to tackle my dryness.

6. Burts bees soap bark & chamomile deep cleansing balm - part of set above but full size available for £10.20 from Boots
This is meant to soften the skin while removing make up and dirt. I didn't notice much else other than a minty scent and a tingling sensation which made it seem like it was doing something. That feeling also left the skin feeling very refreshed. I'm not sure if this will be a no-no for sensitive skins as a result although the description on the Burts Bees website states it is sulfate free and gentle cleanser.
Repurchase? No.


7. Blistex Intensive moisturiser - £2.59 for 5g
This was perfect for winter - very hydrating and minty. It is a white cream so I only used it at night time to avoid having white lips throughout the day.
Repurchase? I already have a back up ready for winter and plenty other balms as you can see in my lip balm collection post here.

8. STEAMCREAM (in the silver tin) - Got a sample of this in my Beautylishious bag but full size is available at £13 from ASOS
You can see my in depth review of this here.
Repurchase? I already have 3 back up tins.




Hope you enjoyed this post. Glad I can finally bin these empties!

Till next time...Toodles! :)

12 comments:

  1. Oh I want to try the grapefruit scrub now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives decent scrubbing action + it smells yum = winner :)

      Delete
  2. I wasn't the biggest fan of the smell of the grapefruit range..
    I've used the Blistex lip balm too, it's weird that they make it so white/visable!

    Chelle x
    http://chellesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chelle! Wowww scent really is such a personal thing eh? Couldn't imagine anyone not liking it.lol. As for the blistex I guess its the creamy consistency that makes it work well? Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh I love face masks and that superdrug one seems like such good value :) Might have to buy one...

    Awesome post, I love empties posts :)

    Jess
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! Glad you liked it. the superdrug range has quite a few masks for you to check out x

      Delete
  4. I love empties posts! Mine tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I love reading your empties posts :)

      Delete
  5. ooh should i try the steamcream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have oilier skin right? Not sure it'll be worth it but i'll give you some to try. Remind me x

      Delete
  6. Hi, I've just come across your blog via the ELF blog and have to say I really like it - I love the mix of cosmetics reviews with recipes as well as I'm a big foodie! Can I just ask you, you said you have a Tresonic, a Clarisonic dupe and I was just wondering how it worked out for you? I'm thinking of getting something similar but always like to find out how other people have got on with it before buying.

    http://cosmetic-queen-bee.blogspot.co.uk/

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a huge grin on my face right now. A huge thank you! I can do a review of the tresonic if you want but in short I gave it to my dad and stuck to traditional exfoliating. Also the brush heads are nowhere to be found x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)