Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Extravagant purchase - YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis a Levres Glossy Stain - 18 hour experiment!

Hi ladies

So let me start of by saying you will never ever see such an extravagant purchase on this blog again! I graduated last year and got gifted Selfridges vouchers and I've been putting off spending them for a year because I'm just not use to buying high end products. However, I decided that I wouldn't buy something basic with it i.e. foundation/primer etc but wanted to go extravagant for once!


After much umming and aaahing I got...the YSL lip stain!

It is much brighter than anything I own! Reviews told me it is a really glossy looong wearing stain so I decided to put it to the test.

It comes in 18 shades and I got it in shade 9 which is a true bright red! The packaging is lovely but that is to be expected being YSL and at £22.50 a pop!

These are photos from 0 hours to the bottom right at 9 hours! As you can see it was just as pigmented and glossy a whole 9 hours later after eating and drinking and it wasn't uncomfortable or drying as other stains can be. I did notice that even 9 hours later it hadn't fully 'dried' and as you can see when I blotted there was still transfer. I wasn't expecting any transfer after a while so that was a surprise.

All in the name of blogging...

So at night I removed all my make up and LEFT THE STAIN ON!Yes I went to sleep with the stain on. Don't judge ladies, I did it all in the name of blogging and my 18 hours experiment! This is what I woke up too...

The gloss had gone but the colour was still there! The 'flash' picture isn't very attractive but it looked more like the picture on the top left which I liked. A more subtle red tint. I wiped it off and said goodbye to my 18 hour companion.

Summary

You get what you pay for. This is better than any lip stain I have tried and I expected nothing less. It remained glossy and pigmented for HOURS and was not at all uncomfortable. Now to brave it and actually wear the colour more than once in my life!Eeeeeeek!

My review of the YSL Touche Eclat foundation is nigh ladies.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

10 comments:

  1. Such a great colour on you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got a couple of these - they are gooood!!! You chose a pretty colour - I like it on you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex! It's so bright that I'm worried I won't wear it lol. Which colours do you have? x

      Delete
  3. Mez you look cute with that colour!!It's a shame cos I can't wear glossy stuff on my lips on account of their obesity but good on you for going wild with the vouchers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. was going to tell you but figured you would read this lol :)

      Delete
  4. You've got such lovely natural rosebud lips which is quite lucky. I also love your dedication of taking photos on the hour every hour well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Annabella!Really appreciate the comment :) As for my lips, as they are naturally pigmented sometimes its harder to get natural lipsticks to show up. Thank you for the lovely compliment though x

      Delete
  5. gorgeous shade I must try them out x

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)