Monday, 20 August 2012

My Eid look - FOTD/OOTD :)

Hi ladies

Today I'll be showing you how I did my make up on Eid which was yesterday. It marks the end of Ramadan and if you have any questions I have a FAQs post here.


Funnily enough other than a bright lip I was going for  a minimal look - yes you can see a big assortment of products here. I can't believe it took so much to achieve minimal. Le sigh. Just a heads up I didn't use the YSL lip stain as I couldn't muster up the courage so I replaced it with another bright red (MAC russian red) toned down with a dark liner underneath.

So, this is the look I achieved, with a quick peek at my outfit - which I also kept minimal as I wanted to wear statement red lips which I wouldn't have done had I worn a bold outfit too. I went for the classic black and red combo.


For the outfit I just wore a black, batwing style pleated 'abaya' (islamic clothing) with diamond embellishments and a black hijab.

As you can see I kept my eye make up very minimal - a mix of a skin toned MAC paint pot in Nubile and Rice paper all over the lid and in the inner corner to brighten. I then just used the Maybelline gel liner to define my eyes and put on mascara. No intricate eye look this time.

On my pics cheeks I used a teeny bit of Daniel Sandler water blush but as I didn't want too much colour on my face with the red lips, you can barely see it.

Lastly, as mentioned above, the statement red lip. Funnily enough, I had to share that I have only ever worn red lips (out of the house) twice in my life but my blog seems to paint a whole other picture.

I lastly wanted to show you how well the Maybelline liner held up and how bad the paint pot lasted. I accept it was a huuuuugely hot and stick day yesterday but I have found whenever using the paint pot my shadow creases, despite using primer underneath. 

So that was my Eid look. For those celebrating, hope you had a fantastic Eid and a fruitful Ramadan. May we continue the good deeds we've acquired throughout the year. For those not celebrating, hope you had a fab weekend basking in the sun!

Till next time...Toodles! :)

8 comments:

  1. Eid Mubarak Mez! Lovely Eid Makeup! Mine was completely opposite to yours - nude/neutral lips and quite full on eye makeup (although it was in neutral colours-used the Naked palette) =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Khair Mubarak Asmaa! That's what I usually do but thought i'd do the bright lips this time. Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. Love the red lips - it really suits you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra - I am getting more and more confident with lip colours :) x

      Delete
  3. Hehe, I know what you mean about all the effort and products to achieve a natural look. ;)
    Your eye make up is so beautiful - I can never be that precise with my liner. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Alex I am SO bad at liner. This was the result of half an hour of applying, removing, reapplying. le sigh.

      Delete
  4. Already said Eid Mubarak but EID MUBARAK :P

    MashAllah you looked beautiful. And yeah I agree that is a lot of makeup for a 'minimal' look :P mwuahahaha :P

    Also, I guess I won't be buying a MAC paintpot anytime soon then :S are you eyelids kinda oily maybe? Maybe that's why it creased? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha tell me about it! Waaaay too much for a supposed 'minimal' look. Thank you x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)