Wednesday, 1 August 2012

My scrubbing routine! Lips, Face and Body :)

Hi ladies

I am an absolute exfoliating fiend. I have extremely dry skin and without a regular scrub, let's just say it's not pretty! Think Lizard lady ;)

I should start by saying when it comes to scrubs I'm as fickle as they come. I never buy the same product twice and tend to just go with whatever is on offer in Superdrug. I am really happy with my current 'routine' so thought I'd share with you.


Lush lip scrub in bubblegum (25g) - £5.25

I got this as a gift and am aware that it can easily be replicated at home so when this is finished I'll be sure to attempt one (feel free to put your recipes in the comments section). While I have it, it is really affective and extremely yummy! I've never had another lip scrub and previously just used a toothbrush to get rid of any dead skin.

St Ives elements warming scrub (125ml) - can't seem to find this specific product on Superdrug's website but the range is currently half price.

I'm pretty sure the St Ives exfoliating range is the most popular in the 'scrubbing teenage world'. I've had a few of those in the past but I must say I much prefer this. It smells absolutely gorgeous (can't quite place the scent) and it has lots of tiny little exfoliating bits in a thick clear gel like consistency which works fantastically well. As I said my skin is dry and it isn't sensitive in the slightest so I use an exfoliator almost everyday. I know it's recommended to be used twice a week or so, but I've always been one to break the rules ;)

Beauty parlour 'buff it up' body scrub - (200ml) - £4.99 but this range is also on offer.

I have used plenty of body scrubs and this is definitely one of the best (alongside the Ooh la la one which I love). It is incredibly grainy but is a thin consistency which makes it easier to scrub over the body without much friction. I also use this every time I shower and I don't find it harsh.The packaging is very cute and retro which is always a bonus I guess.

So that's my scrubbing routine. I have a bundle to get through but when they finish, do you recommend anything in particular? Also would you like to share any lip scrub recipes?

Till next time...Toodles! :)


12 comments:

  1. This is a great post, glad to see someone else loves exfoliation as much as I do! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would've bet my last penny (if I was a betting kinda gyal) that you'd be the first comment Annabella. I had you at the back of my head as I was typing it up :) x

      Delete
  2. I'm an exfoliating fiend too! I can't even begin to go into which ones I love the lists far too long. I've not tried the other ones but the St Ives scrub is legendary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes the St Ives scrub has definitely reached legendary status. Thank you for commenting Hafsa :)

      Delete
  3. I like lush bubblegum... but I still can't believe I paid 5quid for sugar!!! I will try and replicated it myself next time, too. ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL luckily I didn't pay for it as I couldn't get myself to spend that much on sugar but it sure is yummy. Be sure to blog about your home made concoction Alex :)

      Delete
  4. Api bought me the candy floss lush lip conditioner. I'm so quick to eat it so I always use it after I've used a toothbrush on my dead skin first. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you use it too? Yummy indeed x

      Delete
  5. I sometimes make a homemade body scrub - you can see my post here http://bbalm.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/diy-beauty.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks Sandra! Will check it out when i'm on my laptop x

      Delete
  6. I love the St Ives scrub and have been using a lip scrub which I got in a Beautylishious bag From this company http://www.etsy.com/shop/ForGoodnessGrape?section_id=7104793
    I have the lemon cupcake one and it is gorgeous, smells amazing and really leaves my lips soft.

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)