Monday, 6 August 2012

My top 2 purply lipsticks - Swatches galore!

Hi ladies

In the next edition of my lipstick collection, we'll be trawling our way through my masses of purple based lippies. Have no fear, I have all of 2! In the past year I have discovered against my skin tone a certain shade of purple lipsticks look fab (modesty at it's best). When somebody says 'purple lipsticks' I get an unappealing image in my head for some reason. Am I using the wrong word to describe these? Anyway unlike my inexpensive 'natural lippies' counterpart these sway more towards the higher end of the scale but they are just so nice!


So here we have from top to bottom one swipe swatches of:
MAC - Plumful
Benefit - No competition

MAC plumful - Lustre finish


You can find me gushing  reviewing this in my MAC lipstick collection post here. I hadn't ventured into plummy lippies till I set my eyes on this one and then it was like I fell in love with the whole purple lipstick family tree. Annoyingly I just could not get this to photo accurately. Layered on, which is how I wear it, it comes across darker than the swatch. IT IS BEAUTIFUL! (Note to self: Control yourself Mez)


Benefit full finish lipstick in no competition


We have discussed my frugal ways before on this blog (I hope you were paying attention) so your eyes do not deceive you, this is in fact a mini lipstick. I have a back up mini too from the lovely ladies over at BBS. This is darker than plumful and yes it is a one swipe swatch. The MAC Lustre's I find need building up which leaves them quite glossy (one of the downsides in my opinion) whereas this is richly pigmented and doesn't require any layering. Hmmm...to get the full size or not? These mini's will probably last me a while so I'll mull it over.

If you are considering buying any of these please let me know what you think? Even if it is just so I can do my happy dance (I get excited when people buy things off my recommendation! SS I'm looking at you). Also any other purply based lipsticks I should check out?

I think the next instalment will be the iconic red lipstick! 

Till next time....Toodles! :)

17 comments:

  1. Glad its nt jus me who has a thing for purple lippys I've gt one by MAC too its called 'Up The Amp' only downfall its a funny purple looks brill in certain lighting n very wierd in other lighting does trnd to dry my lips as it wears away but I find tht with most MAC lippys tbf really do like ur benefit one tho x

    aqeela-keela.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen Up the Amp but it's not the sort of purple I like tbh. The benefit one is lovely, so if you're into purples, give it a go if you're near a counter. Thanks for commenting Aqeela x

      Delete
    2. I have up the amp, its like a lilac kind of colour. I loveeee it though. I never worn it outside of my house tho tbh, so I've yet to experience the lighting troubles LOL

      Delete
  2. wow - both gorgeous shades... my favourite is the benefit' one.
    unfortunately, I can't wear purple lipsticks as they don't suit my skintone... but they look amazing on you... lucky girl!!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex! Always such lovely comments. I know they don't suit all skintones though. having said that Plumful is subtle so would be a good one to try? x

      Delete
  3. Have u ever tried MAC "hang up"? It's a dark rich plum, looks amazeee in the evening

    www.memystyleandi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I haven't. will check it out. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  4. Hello Mez, I would like to try a purple lipstick but I will only wear lipsticks in a matte finish, can you recommend one? Cheers big ears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will research and let you know. although are you ready to let velvet teddy go? Lol.Not sure i've ever seen you with full on colour x

      Delete
  5. Subha up the amp by mac is very matt textured x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colours! You wear the colours really well and you have the most perfect lips! The purple toned lipsticks look really well on you

    X

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)