Friday, 3 August 2012

My top 5 natural lippies - Medium skin tone edition


Hi ladies

Today I'll be walking you through my top 5 (read only 5) natural lippies. I was going to a lipstick collection post but figured it'd be better to break it down into categories.

I added Asian/medium skin tone edition because 1) I am Asian 2) they look natural on me 3) they might not be as natural on lighter skin tones and may look concealer nude on darker skin tones. However, they are lovely colours and although they may look different on you, they might still be nice so check them out.

They are mostly muted/browny based pinks. I don't do concealer nudes. I think they look nice on some fairer skin tones but it's definitely a no no for me personally. 

4 out of 5 below are inexpensive too so that's always a bonus :)

ELF moisturising lip tint in Rose, Natural collection moisture shine in Biscuit,  MUA shade 11,  Clinique long last lipstick in Blushing nude & MyFace cosmetics in Gigabite Get ready (?) - 252



From top to bottom:
MyFace
Clinique
MUA
Natural Collection
ELF

How awkward, that they all look the same!

Clinique - Blushing Nude


This is really creamy, pigmented and the brownest based pink of the lot.


MyFace cosmetics - 252


I believe MyFace has been discontinued as I picked this up in a mega sale. It is almost a browny reddy colour which again is quite natural with my lip colouring.

MUA - shade 11

Not really sure what happened with the on lips swatch on the right. It's not glossy, more creamy. I love MUA lippies, fabulous for the bargainous price! It's pinkier than the others.

Natural collection - Biscuit

Sorry for the dodge application, mine has broken so it was hard to apply. This is sheer and quite glossy.

ELF moisturising lip tint - Rose

This is definitely a lot brighter than the rest and a true pink! However, as it's only a lip tint, adding a few swipes gives a nice natural look. You could build it up for lovely rosey lips.

Hope you enjoyed this post. Which category should I go for next?

Till next time...Toodles! :)


18 comments:

  1. Love the fact that they all looked the same swatched on your arm!

    You've got amazing lips! Jealous much!

    Lola ..x
    LolaStarHearts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know so hilarious! Glad they look different on my lips. Thank you x

      Delete
  2. Ohmygosh, totes love this post! I have the Clinique one, but I`m so glad you have other nude ones!! Will purchase!! xx

    mangowhirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you m'dear! Let me know how you find them x

      Delete
  3. MashAllah at your lips! :O They're all very pretty :D You should try the Mirror Shine lipsticks - I have the one in Belle and I adore it, my younger sis is always using it *eyeroll* LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it's just because its zoomed in my lips look so big but jzk m'dear! Have so many lippies and I rarely use the natural ones. you'll see my fave darker ones in a future post :) x

      Delete
  4. Myface just isn't in Boots anymore but still available on their site. They have new products that were never in Boots. I love their lipstick. All these shades are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you via twitter :) glad I did! I'm lipstick obsessed at the moment! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's so sweet. glad you found my blog too. will be sure to check yours out :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely lips! These lipsticks all look fab on you. Great post x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these shades, like 'your lips but better' colours. They all suit you so well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! :) Checked put your blog and I also love mac face & body x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)