Thursday, 16 August 2012

My Urban Decay 24/7 liner collection - Review & swatches

Hi ladies

Today I will be showing you swatches of all my Urban Decay 24/7 pencil liners. I have lots of colours thanks to a set my mum bought many a moon ago from Debenhams (alongside the Book of Shadows II). I rarely wear the coloured ones and almost sold them a while ago but then figured it'd be nice to keep them for when I do brighter looks at Indian wedding ceremonies and the like. My review consists of the short and snappy sentence - pigmented/creamy/long lasting. They are one of the most raved about pencil liners so need I say more? Yes, they are £13.
This is my collection - a few mini's and a full size. Variety is the spice of life.

 


First, the 24/7 super stash mini's:

As you can see with the flash on the right, there's shimmer in most colours especially in Oil slick which is a black with silver specks.
Bottom to top:
Eldorado
Graffiti
Stash
Binge
Ransom
Rockstar
Corrupt
Oil Slick
Zero


From bottom to top:
Midnight cowboy
Baked
Perversion
I got these 3 from swaps over on BBS. So glad I got perversion! As we can see in the comparison below it really is much better than the black in Zero. I intended to use midnight cowboy as an inner corner highlight and baked as a base for my gold (mistakenly thinking it was half-baked, a true gold).

Perversion on the left is much creamier and way more pigmented!


I then tried to remove the swatches with my hot cloth cleanser and I really had to scrub A LOT to get it to budge. Having said that, lasting power is different on your hand and your waterline. Especially if you have watery eyes.

Summary

There are some things I wouldn't buy high end because you can get the same from the high street. Liners and mascara being some of them. The super stash mini's were good value from what I remember and the rest I got from swaps. Having said that I'm glad these are part of my collection and at £13 a pop I guess it's not toooo bad, as liners last a while.

Have you tried these? Which are your favourite liners?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

10 comments:

  1. I've got a brown one and its got great staying power! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pigmentation is amazing! Gorgeous colours!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they really are fabulously pigmented and there's such a range of colours!Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  3. I want some of these! The colours are gorgeous x

    http://jo-beautyandthebooks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are very pretty colours x

      Delete
  4. I'm going to go out and make Api purchase Perversion, it is so much darker than the black with the silver lid (which is what she has). I finished the fondant bits btw. Au revoir
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mez - Just to let you know I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! Come on over to mine and pick it up if you have time!

    http://beautyandthebiryani.blogspot.co.uk/

    Jen x

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)