Friday, 24 August 2012

Pencil eyeliner showdown!


Hi ladies

Today I will be taking you through all the black pencil liners I have. To be honest most of these I found rummaging through my mums make up box and nobody needs this many so I'll be swapping most of these over on BBS. Before I do that, thought it would be good to do a blog post on them.


From top to bottom:
MAC - smolder
Urban decay - perversion
Urban decay - zero
Miss sporty 
Rimmel soft kohl - spent way too long in storage
Topshop kohl
Opia - found in primark



Onto the swatches we go...



As you can see I forgot to add the Avon supershock liner in the bundle. Not sure how it was an afterthought as it's by far one of the best! The blackest and creamiest of the lot were the Urban Decay in Perversion, the Topshop kohl and the Avon liner.  It's a shame the Avon makes my eyes water like crazy (not sure why, it never happens with anything else).

At the other end of the scale I found the Miss sporty and Rimmel liners not to be up to the same standard. It's funny how your standards change when you've been exposed to the best. I used to use the Miss sporty liner all the time during College and found it to be more than satisfactory. I should add the Rimmel liner is quite old and probably isn't the best swatch but I have heard good things about it from others.

As always after a bit of rubbing...


The Urban Decay in Perversion definitely came out victorious in this battle! The reason I'm not a huge fan of the Topshop liner despite its pigmentation is that it smudges really easily.

Summary

Not surprisingly, just as the Urban decay liquid liner won the liquid liner throwdown in a previous post which you can see here, its pencil compadre does it again. I'd say you get what you pay for due to the Urban Decay but the Avon liner is absolutely fantastic and is half the price, so maybe this time I won't.

Which is your favourite pencil liner ladies?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

8 comments:

  1. I love the Rimmel soft kohl eyeliner! But I heard the Mac eyeliner is really good too! But from what I can see from your swatches, the Urban Decay one does look pretty impressive!!

    http://jmhunterxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few people have said that about the Rimmel so I think I may have to give it another go. in hindsight it may just have been a dodgy swatch OR a dried out pencil. thanks for commenting x

      Delete
  2. I want that urban decay liner! They were out of stock last I went :(

    Arwa ♡
    http://arwasblogpage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is fantastic! thank you for commenting :) x

      Delete
  3. I did a post like this a few months ago with 5 different liners and suprisingly my MUA one won over the likes of MAC and Bobbi Brown!!

    Em

    x

    Em's Mixed Bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! I shall search through your blog for that x

      Delete
  4. Really need to get perversion. Looks strikingly dark xx

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)