Monday, 27 August 2012

Selectspecs glasses review - Bargain buy!

Hi ladies

Today I will be doing something very different! I have been wearing glasses for over 10 years now and have accumulated lots in that time. However, I have always bought them the traditional way i.e. a visit to the opticians. However, my latest glasses I got online at Selectspecs. I heard on the grapevine i.e. twitter that they were looking for bloggers to review glasses and considering myself very experienced in this field and intrigued to see how simple it would be to order online I tweeted my interest and found myself with a code to use on the site.

I found it extremely easy to order the glasses. I browsed the types they had and with my prescription at hand I ordered within 15 minutes. The only thing that took a while was measuring the Pupillary Distance as I needed some help from by brother for that. I was really impressed with how easy the site was to navigate and delivery took around 2 weeks and they estimated 7-14 days so spot on.

Here are the ones I chose at the BARGAIN price of £10 + p&p which was £4.

 This is how it comes with a useful lightweight case and a cloth to clean it.


These are the glasses I chose (hanging casually off the bannister). They are the Savannah glasses in Matt Brown and can be found here. It has a marbled sort of affect which I haven't been able to capture properly but is shown accurately on the website.

Now I must say I feel kind of silly. All these years of spending £100+ on a pair of glasses (fair enough designer, but I really am not bothered about that) when I could have ventured out of the box and looked online. To think these cost less than 1/10th of my current glasses makes me feel a little numb to be honest. I'm not going to pretend they are the best quality ever for a tenner. You can tell they feel cheaper and when I first held it was I surprised by how light it was. Having said that, they are more than satisfactory and I can afford to stock up on these in all sorts of colours and it won't break the bank.

I'm so glad blogging has introduced me to this! I would have obliviously spent loads of money in the opticians for years to come.

So that was it, my positive and enlightening experience buying glasses online. Thumbs up for SelectSpecs!

Till next time...Toodles! :)

14 comments:

  1. This is an interesting post, like thst it's completely random to the usual posts. Spontaneous babe! Glasses look good on you too! I am now going to look for the pair that Api bought (for fashion) of course! PS-I forget you wear glasses xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol how on earth did you forget woman? I wear them EVERYDAY! I see someone's on a commenting spree ;) x

      Delete
  2. Great post - I have a slight prescription and am put off wearing my glasses because I chose them a few years ago and are a bit "unique" - think zebra print on the side lol! Which although I loved at the time, I don't now! To be honest I was quite put off paying that sort of money again considering my last pair cost me £230 but I must check out that website and see if they have any I like - would certainly stop me squinting at the TV and the big screen in the cinema lol! x

    http://cosmetic-queen-bee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha loving the sound of this unique zebra pair ;) let me know if you buy off the site x

      Delete
  3. nice glasses :) they really suit you :)

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so pretty... And I can't believe what a bargain these glasses were. They look so good on you too. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow just a tad taken aback by your comment. so so sweet of you Alex! Thank you!! :)

      Delete
  5. Am really enjoying finding your blog and have awarded you the Liebster award. Pop on over to mine to grab it ! Claire xxhttp://takingachanceinlife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, that's so sweet Claire! :)

      Delete
  6. Interesting post. They are nice looking glasses.
    I've just ordered some Ray-Ban Light Rays from them. A bit more expensive than £10, but I'm in my 30's now and this is the first time I've ever bought glasses, so I want something rimless and incredibly light as I'm not used to wearing glasses... I want to completely forget I've even got them on. Apparently they are the lightest frames that Ray-Ban make, I tried them on in the shop and they felt really comfortable considering I've only ever worn sunglasses before.
    These are the ones I went for:
    http://www.selectspecs.com/Glasses/Ray-Ban/RX8679-Light-Ray/ss111.12.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a tad more than a tenner ;) Great idea to try them on in the shop. Hope you like them Chris.

      Delete
  7. These are fab for £10! I am lucky that my sister is a dispensing optician so I get my glasses at cost - it is incredible the mark up thats on them!! I like my glasses nice and light as they are much easier to wear :)

    Jo
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I remember you telling me that. SO JEL! Must save you lots x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)