Monday, 27 August 2012

The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes palette 07 - swatches

Hi ladies


Today I will be reviewing and swatching a gift I received from Jo for my birthday. It is the Shimmer Cubes palette in the shade 07 which contains the colours ruby, dusted silver, argyle pink and rich bronze. I have never really considered buying this before but was really excited to receive as the colours look beautiful. The shimmer cube palettes are available on the Body Shop website for £16. They have lots of different shades.


As you can see there is a variety of beautiful shades and I was particularly excited by the Silver shade as I needed one for a wedding I'll be going to this week. You would be surprised how hard it is to get a decent pigmented silver that doesn't look grey or purple on application. Through trial and error I have acquired too many. I was really hoping it would be pigmented!


I wasn't disappointed! This is applied dry so I assume it would be even more vibrant applied wet. I applied the silver shimmer on my lids and must say other than some fallout (to be expected with the name shimmer cubes) I was very impressed.

What I also love is that you can take each one out so as I only need the silver one this week, I have taken that out to put in my travel make up bag. Nifty eh?

Summary

I'm glad Jo got me this for my birthday as I probably wouldn't have picked it up myself thinking it would only be shimmery without much pigmentation. Also the price would be another issue that would stop me purchasing it so thanks Jo! It is a very welcome addition to my collection.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

18 comments:

  1. Great post Mez! I love the body shop shimmer cubes, the neutral one is my everyday eyeshadow. The only annoying thing about them is they last forever and I want to use mine up before I crack open something new! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha not a bad problem to have I guess ;)

      Delete
  2. Absolutely love the colours, must try them out for myself!

    http://cosmetic-queen-bee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a nice variety. Not sure if they have this particular set anymore though sadly x

      Delete
  3. So glad you like it :) I got myself a couple of the cubes too. I needed to use a good primer though to get a good colour payoff and stop it just falling off my lids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, thanks Jo! Will definitely be using primer x

      Delete
  4. These will last you forever Mez, I had two cubes and have just sold one as I doubt I would ever get through two lol!

    Em

    x

    Em's Mixed Bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol in that case considering I raaarely wear eyeshadow this may last me a lifetime!

      Delete
  5. Nice post! I always see these around the body shop but I never even swatch them. I guess I'm just not an eyeshadow person :P mainly because I suck at putting eyeshadow on LOL

    You should do a step by step tutorial for n00bs like me! :D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolol the thought of ME doing an eyeshadow tutorial is mind boggling! Glad you think I could though ;)

      Delete
  6. wow they look really nice! not bought body shop make up for years!! think its time to revisit an old habit! H xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever bought anything from Body Shop tbh!

      Delete
  7. Mez! Api has actually had this cube for years and years! I remember when she first nicked it from my older sister-we loved it! Especially the bronze/brown. Haven't used it in a long time though, might have to get Api to do my eyeshadow with it! Feeling inspired...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! What a coinkidink. Send me a picture of your eye with it on and i'll edit the post with it x

      Delete
  8. What a lovely present! I've been eyeing this palette myself, they're my fave and most used colours... And the quality looks good too. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fantastic present! Let me know if you give it a go :) x

      Delete
  9. Amazing swatches want to have this one
    love your blog and following you now love if you follow me back
    SadeeStyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following. will check out your blog tonight x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)