Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Wet n Wild palette in Petal Pusher - review

Hi ladies


Today I will be reviewing a Wet n Wild palette my beautiful bestie got me from the US. I have heard lots of rave reviews about this from American bloggers (call it the UK version of the sleek palettes if you will) so I had high expectations. This will be a very photo heavy post!





The left side has more light purple/lilac based shadows (not sure why it's coming up blue) and the right side has a much darker look. I'm not even sure how to describe the colours. The bottom 2 are almost brown and a multi toned dark green/black colour.





After I swatched it, I was extremely disappointed with the colour pay off. Other than the really dark colours everything else was quite powdery. So I added primer to my hands and went to town building it up till you could see the colours properly.

The right hand side is with flash which has made the primer underneath visible.
I was all ready to say how disappointed I was with the shadows till I decided to actually apply it on my eyes with the browbone, eyelid, crease & definer instructions. A heads up, I am not an expert at shadow. In fact I'm not even decent at shadow work, this is solely to show you how the shadows applied because as we all know, eye shadow isn't made to be swatched on our arms.


I was pretty impressed by this. I had to build up the lid colour but the crease colour was a whole other story! However, there was so much glittery fall out as you can see below.


I tried one side of the palette on one eye and the other on the other eye to show you how they both held up on application.


The lighter side took quite a lot of building up to get the colour pay off you see here. It gives a nice lilac toned subtle look, whereas the other side has much darker colours to create a smokier look. It would be a good palette to take you from day to night.

Summary

The lighter colours aren't as pigmented as I would have wanted and are also quite powdery. However, the darker colours have really good pigmentation. As I mentioned it would be a good palette to keep on you if you need a quick day to night change. However, it's a shame about the excessive fallout.

Have you tried any of these palettes?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

14 comments:

  1. Great review! I like the darker colours, look really nice on you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now when I was in high school many many years ago, 24 years to be exact Wet n Wild was what we used. The eyeliners and lip liners were super cheap and the eye shadows were cheap too and used to break if you looked at them.

    Flash forward to now and I'm really impressed with Wet n Wild. They have seriously upped their game and I've got one of the palettes too which I love using!

    This is why I love your blog, you don't just swatch you actually show how the makeup is used! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe Emily Noel from Youtube said something similar about Wet n wild.

      As always thanks for the lovely comment, really appreciate it - and to think my intention was always to keep my face off my blog!

      Delete
  3. Great post, I especially loved the fact you put up eye swatches as well as arm swatches! I've tried the Wet n Wild trio in Walking on Eggshells and although the colours are nice, it's not very pigmented and they can be a bit powdery. I must say I prefer our Sleek and MUA palettes that we have over this side of the pond, but always nice to have a bit of variety! Mary x

    http://cosmetic-queen-bee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! Love that people appreciate the eye swatches. I prefer sleek & mua too tbh :) x

      Delete
  4. This looks so nice, can you buy them in the uk :)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, you can only buy them in the US say but i'm sure you can find them on ebay :) x

      Delete
  5. I used to have a WnW palette and I loved it, I loved how it tells you where to put each shade and they bled together so well. The only downside I thought was the fall out of product. Great review Mez.

    Em

    Em's Mixed Bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fallout is quite ridiculous. Thanks Emma!

      Delete
  6. Love the colours and how they look on you, I haven't tried the Wet n Wild palette but I had a similar problem with the fall out on one of my palettes, so now before I apply it I put a dusting of loose face powder under my eye and top of cheek bone , then after applying the eyeshadow brush away the loose powder which takes away with it any fall out .
    Great blog as always xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about that before Karen. Thanks for reminding me, will give it a go :) x

      Delete
  7. Wet 'n wild has the best blue and purple shades. But I agree that the lighter tones can be a bit chalky, just like the ones from ELF.

    BTW, I justtstarted my own beauty blog. I do reviews, DIYs and tons of other fun stuff. Hope you can check it out and hopefully follow back. Thank you

    infiniteelegance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't come across any chalky elf shadows before but the lighter shades in the sleek palettes are definitely too chalky for me x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)