Friday, 28 September 2012

Etat Pur Micellar cleansing water review

Hi ladies

Today I will be reviewing the much hyped skincare item - 'cleansing water'. This isn't the Bioderma which would be hype overkill but the Etat Pur Micellar cleansing water that my friend Jo from jo-beautyandthebooks sent me a sample of as part of my birthday gift. This can be found online here and if I'm correct the 190ml bottle costs £6.90 (+ £3.90 delivery). I had to do a double take as I was under the impression that cleansing waters were fairly expensive?

Here is my 20ml sample. A cute little bottle perfect for travelling. The scent is really light and fresh which I love. Moving on, let's see if it works...


This is what the cleansing water has to tackle! This was a look I created for Aqeela's weekly make up tag that you can find here. (There was some serious talent this week! I'm not very good at blending or eyeshadow work but thought I would join in for fun. It's lady gaga inspired next week). Back to the point, I thought it would be good to test the cleansing water against some serious heavy duty eye make up.


This is what the first swipe did. I must say I was impressed as the product feels just like water yet it did better than a lot of my other make up removers in tackling the mascara. Mascara is something I hate removing because I find I have to tug on my skin and that is why I use my superdrug hot cloth cleanser for it. It removes it with no trouble whatsoever as it is really thick and creamy and easily breaks down the mascara.


This is what I needed to use in order to remove the majority of the product. I just used toner on a cotton bud to get rid of that last bit you can see under my lashline.

Summary

I was quite impressed with what this water like substance could tackle. It is good for the lazy among us as the website says there is no need to rinse. I probably won't repurchase this as I don't wear make up enough to justify the amount of make up removers I have in my drawer. Also, my superdrug hot cloth cleanser does a fantastic job of removing eye make up in a much quicker time.

Have you given into the cleansing water hype? Which is your favourite?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

14 comments:

  1. Interesting post - I didn't know that Superdrug did a hot cloth cleanser - I may well try that out too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reviewed it a while ago & i'm a huge fan :)

      Delete
  2. I quite like this one I also like the Melvita rose one you can get from LIB. Well done on the followers! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra. So chuffed to be on 80 :)

      Delete
  3. I am very much on the bioderma hype, but I don't necessarily think a cleansing water is needed to remove makeup. I find other normal removers work perfectly fine!
    thanks for the post :)

    jayj x.
    avecjayj.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cleansing water is nice & I see the hype but I agree there are other cleansers out there. Thank you for commenting x

      Delete
  4. I just use facial wipes. so bad I know but I'm trying to cleanse and tone more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exfoliate too and report back to me on whether your skin feels/looks better!

      Delete
  5. I totally understand the whole hype on cleansing waters. With cleansing wipes things can get messy and it can cause irritation.

    Big fan of Bioderma but definitely on the lookout for something more accesable. May try this out! Also know No7 have something similar.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of understand it too now as it does feel very gentle. Thanks for commenting Halima x

      Delete
  6. I love the eye make you have on in this post! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try a micellar water! I am going to France in a month so hope to pick some Bioderma up. It will be great to see if it lives up to the hype :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh best place to buy it without the middle man fees :)

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)