Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Guest post by Fashionably Covered Up - OOTD/FOTD

Hi ladies

Today my lovely 'real life' friend over at Fashionably Covered Up who just started blogging very very recently will be doing the very first guest post on my blog! I love the humorous way in which she writes and she has some great photos to go along with that so please check her out at www.fashionablycoveredup.blogspot.com and leave comments for her to see below :)


Wow. I'm nervous. The lovely, beautiful, one-of-my-favourite-people-in-my-little-world (no seriously she hasn't paid me) Mez asked me to guest post on her blog to all her lovely readers (I know this because I'm the one who stalks her comments always leaving my own completely irrelevant ones) as I have recently joined the "blogosphere". You guys may have already heard of me as Mez's friend who bakes cakes. My blog is mainly centred around modest fashion for urban muslim women but it will probably sporadically dip into various other topics that I want to rant about or about things that I want to show off. 


Anyway, back to the post at hand. I am going to do a pretty basic outfit of the day post for you guys and then just cos this is a make-up blog I'll add a make-up of the day section at the end. So here goes, hope you enjoy it!


Outfit of the Day
I decided to wear my summer's must have item of clothing: a lovely watermelon pink maxi skirt, with a chiffon blouse and a black hijaab (scarf). 



 
Please excuse my funny looking fingers


You won't have noticed but when I bought both the maxi skirt and blouse they were completely sheer. This is often a problem when buying modest clothing but I refuse to let it get in the way of me buying something I've fallen in love with. My mum is very handy with a sewing machine so she bought matching material (it's cheap) and sewed me some linings! Problem solved!


 
Skirt: Hijaab Candy
Top: Miss Selfridge
Scarf: Market in Whitechapel (East London) 
Shoes: Asos
Bag: Vivi Boutique 
Watch: Michael Kors
Rings: Dorothy Perkins & Asos


Make-Up of the Day:

I am not one of those lucky people (ahem Mez) who can leave the house every day without make-up, I have acne prone skin and I'm currently taking antibiotics to treat it. Having said that I often forget to take the tablets for months on end and do not look after my skin properly (I'm trying much harder now!). 
So this is my everyday make-up look (who would have thought looking natural required so much make-up?):


This photo hasn't been edited at all-my head is not actually this big either!


Foundation: MAC Studio Fix-NC37
Powder: Bare Minerals Mineral Veil (only dusted onto my t-zone to stop it getting oily)
Blusher: MAC Mineralise Blush-Hot Planet
Lipliner: MAC-Boldly Bare
Lipstick: MAC-Kinda Sexy (Matte finish)
Mascara: Rimmel Day to Night-Black applied onto lashes curled using a Shu Uemura eyelash curler (as recommended by Mez)
Eyebrows: Bodyshop Compact Eyebrow Kit-Black
 
 
I hope you guys enjoyed my post, feel free to leave comments (my stalking means I'll definitely read them) and go ahead and follow my blog www.fashionablycoveredup.blogspot.com 


xoxo


Fashionably Covered Up

8 comments:

  1. Wow Mez, your friend is really pretty! Love the skirt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure is and I agree its a pretty skirt :)

      Delete
  2. Great guest post really enjoyed reading it and agree your friend is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely guest post! She looks fabulous in her outfit and she has a beautiful face :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure to swing by her blog if you want to see more :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Sal & Beauty Balm & Caroline! Thank you so much for all the lovely comments! I'm blushing sitting here reading them (and grinning like a fool!) Make sure to check out my blog for more posts!

    www.fashionablycoveredup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being my first ever guest poster dear :)

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)