I am very very excited to say I was nominated for a Liebster Blog Award recently by Mary of themaryfairy, Claire from takingachanceinlife and Jenny from beautyandthebiryani (the name makes me hungry every time). THANK YOU kind ladies! I've never done one of these posts before and there seem's to be a few rules so if I get anything wrong, forgive me! I was given 3 different sets of questions so to save time (and brain power) I will answer the more recent set of 11 questions which are the ones Mary set me.
I believe the Liebster award is for up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers as a way or recognition.
1. What's your favourite colour?
Mine is black - errr emo much I hear you say but black just goes with everything!
2. What's your favourite blog post of mine?
Easy - the Ramadan post and the suhoor/iftar ones that followed. For obvious reasons a very important post.
3. If you lost all your make up - what would be the first thing you repurchase?
Hmmm this is a tough one - I think I'd go with the Garnier tinted roll on. Funnily enough although I haven't lost it I have finished it so not only will it be in an empties post I think this HG product requires a review of its own.
4. What is the last thing you do before bed?
I think that would be putting lip balm on. I am currently using the body shop balm in Guava. YUMMMY!
5. Do you prefer perfumes or body mists/sprays?
To save my more expensive perfumes I use body sprays throughout the day (specifically the natural collection one). I leave perfumes for evenings/special occasions.
6. What was the first make up item you ever bought?
I believe that was either a H&M eyeshadow palette or a black Miss Sporty eyeliner. The former I recently threw away (when I was going through a ruthless clearout).
7. What is at the top of your wishlist right now?
Hmmm...this is a good one. Clearly, the fact that i'm sat here 10 minutes later means there's nothing i'm desperately wishing for but I'm thinking of buying the Estee Lauder Double wear concealer with my leftover vouchers. (Has anybody used this before? What do you think?)
8. What is your favourite print at the moment? e.g. cheetah, floral, checked etc?
I wouldn't say I have any favourite prints as such as I'm not particularly into fashion. I have a leopard print hijab and a few floral ones if that counts for anything? lol.
9. Are you a candle person? If you are, show us your favourite candle!
I went through this phase of collecting yankee candles (I blame youtube - seriously what is up beauty b/vloggers and candles??) but to be honest I rarely ever light them. I think that's because it was summer though and I'll be back to lighting them in the darker months (NO, not to save on electricity). The one I've used the most however I received as a gift and it is the Yankee Candle in Cherries on snow.
10. Are you a chocolate or sweet person?
I'm actually a crisps person but that's not the question so a pointless statement to make. I have to be in the mood for chocolate whereas I can have sweets any time ;)
11. What book are you reading at the moment?
I just finished Mini Shopaholic last week and weirdly enough, picked up a childhood book from my shelf today, The Illustrated Mum by Jacqueline wilson. Don't ask me why I did, I just found myself gravitating to my childhood shelf. Maybe it's because it was Roald Dahl day and I don't own any RD books? Anyway, turns out I appreciate the book more now than I did 10 years ago!
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What are your favourite beauty posts to read?
3. Which countries have you been too?
4. What is the ONE beauty item you couldn't live without?
5. Which is your favourite flavour of crisps?
6. What is at the top of your wishlist at the moment?
7. Do you openly tell family & friends about your blog?
8. What would your perfect meal consist of?
9. Do you have any phobia's?
10. Which is your favourite perfume?
11. Name one blogger (other than yourself) that you think I should be following.
I look forward to your posts ladies!
Till next time...Toodles! :)