Monday, 17 September 2012

My favourite red lipsticks - last in the lipstick collection series.

Hi ladies

Today will be the final post on my favourite lipsticks. I previously did a natural lipsticks post here and my top 2 purply  lipsticks here. Today I will be ending this 'series' with the iconic statement red lipstick. The only 2 I have are high end splurges which I love! I had other red lipsticks but I don't wear it enought to justify having so many so I got rid of the others.



On the left we have MAC Russian red and on the right we have the YSL glossy stain in shade 9.


As you can see the YSL is a lot brighter and glossier whereas the MAC is darker and a matte formula so 2 very different types of red lipsticks. Funnily enough I wiped them off before the YSL had a chance to 'set' so the MAC lipstick left more of a stain on my arms.

MAC Russian Red

I received this in a swap when I got rid of MAC Hug me on BBS. It was an excellent decision for me as Hug me was way too light for my skintone and although I didn't make any use of Russian Red (other than trying it out in my bedroom) until recently I have found myself gravitating towards a red lip more and more. I lightly dot it on my lips so to leave a stain that I think compliments my skintone without going OTT.  I have also applied it directly from the bullet for maximum impact.

YSL glossy stain in shade 9

I have previously reviewed this when I did my 18 hour experiment and it got quite the rave review from me. At the time I applied the stain heavily and it left ultra glossy ultra bright almost orangey red lips! I recently used it again (for the first time after buying it I might add as it required a lot of courage) and I applied it lighter so it didn't seem as bright or daunting. I think I will find myself using it more than I originally anticipated now I've seen that it doesn't have to be so bright. For the brighter version see the review but below is the stain applied subtly.

ysl stain shade 9



Summary

I love red lips!

Hope you enjoyed taking a look at my lipstick collection.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

12 comments:

  1. SEXY SEXY! ALOHA!! Lol I love the Russian Red and I have one but I don't think my mum would allow me to wear it out (that's if I ever had the courage to). Check you though! Smokin smackeroonies!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I laughed out loud about your mum! so true!

      Delete
  2. wow... you rock a red lip, girl!! :)
    I'm liking the ysl glossy stains a lot... I may have a 3rd on the way from debenhams... shhhh ;P
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex and tut tut naughty you! ;)

      Delete
  3. You look gorgeous with a red lip!

    Vicki bought that lip stain after we went to Manchester last week, she could remember seeing it on you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jo and so cute that Vicki remembered me having it x

      Delete
  4. Loving the MAC Russian Red! Looks great on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both shades look gorgeous on you! I'm way too shy to wear such striking lip colours as I always feel like people would stare at me haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha trust me I felt the same. It's taken me a long time to get over it and even now I limit to special occasions. Thank you x

      Delete
  6. Think Russian Red is next on my list, lovely x

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)