Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Nip + Fab Body Butter - Pistachio Sundae

Hi ladies

Today (as the name suggests) I will be reviewing the Nip + Fab body butter I received in the LiveBloggers goody bag I mentioned previously. I have said before that I have extremely dry skin so I use lots of body lotions. I can't get away with not moisturising my whole body even after just one shower otherwise it gets flaky. (TMI maybe?

Sooooo...after that ultra descriptive introduction, you would think I'd be the perfect candidate for body butters? Well, no. In the past I have found body butters to be too thick and therefore they take forever to rub in. This isn't practical for someone who moisturises so often. If the amount of time wasn't annoying enough, I find body butters cause a lot of friction and drag on my skin so I end up using more product than I would otherwise need. All these factors have meant that I usually stick to lotion or oils. Enter Nip + Fab...


This round beauty has changed my opinion on body butters. As the name suggests, it really is a dry skin fix as it hydrates like a body butter should BUT and this is a very big but(t and I cannot lie.... Sorry I couldn't resist) it has a light almost moussey texture which makes it so easy to apply! As you can maybe see below it is probably more light and liquidy (I make it up as I go along folks) than your usual body butter and that is exactly why I like it. 


Now onto the scent - This REALLY REALLY smells of Pistachio. Like not just a little, I mean A LOT. For the rest of the day if I happen to have my arm around my face, I get a big whiff. At first I enjoyed the novelty of it, but I imagine it may become a bit too much.  It just depends what you're into as with all things, scents are very personal.

Summary

I really really like this. Body butters on the whole aren't for me but I have finally found one that overcomes the issues I highlighted above. The Nip + Fab body butter retails for £9.95 (200ml), therefore coming in at £2.55 cheaper than the industry heavyweight, Body Shop.  I don't think I will 'repurchase' any time soon as I have lots to use up but if I was to splurge; I would try one of the other scents - cherry tarte, mango smoothie or coconut latte. YUM! 

Actually, I've just discovered they have mini 50ml versions for £2.95! Oh dear.

Hope you enjoyed this post.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

You can find Nip + Fab products online or at Boots, Debenhams, Sainsbury's and Harvey Nichols.



12 comments:

  1. Nice review! I didn't the smell to be honest! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, a typo in my previous comment. I think it is a good moisturiser, but the smell just put me off. Will try the other ones out! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it at first but it's a bit overwhelming the more you use it x

      Delete
  3. I bought the leg smoother one for dry skin on your legs and it's also really good!
    And i managed to pick it up for only a £1 on the boots clearance rack.
    Bargain! :)
    might need to give this one a try too!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow major bargain! Will look into the leg smoother x

      Delete
  4. Hi Mez, I don't have dry skin but I have a "thing" about always being moisturised. I think dry skin is veryyyy unattractive so I get through loads of lotions too. I am also quite particular about the thickness of butters/lotions. I prefer really light lotions that are moisturising but not heavy on the skin. I have recently started using The Sanctuary's body butter and it is perrrrrrfect. It's very moisturising, and has a light texture! I also love their hand cream for the same reason. Ok too long, toodles.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh will check it out when I'm next round. I like light hydrating lotions too! x

      Delete
  5. coconut latte?? really?? I need it in my life!!
    I don't use body butters regularly but I heard great review about this one... never tried nip + fab either, need to check out their skincare... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think i've tried anything of theirs either tbh. lol let me know how you get on with coconut latte :)

      Delete
  6. The pistachio scent sounds nice but I agree it may get a bit too much after a while :) x

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)