Monday, 10 September 2012

What I took in my week long travel bag - wedding edition :)

Hi ladies

So I went up north for a close family wedding the week before last so I thought I would do a post on what I took with me. Now, I should add that Indian weddings consist of many ceremonies so I had to take make up & skincare to match 5 different coloured outfits. Had I been going away for the week just for a break I would take the Clarins bag which I got from Jools and what I had in this make-up bag post. However, I took enough for me, my mum and anyone else.


As you can see I took the The White Spa bag, the Clarins bag and the Urban Decay Book of Shadows II with me. The white spa bag contains skincare and big items of make up and the Clarins was packed with make up.


So I took travel sized things that I'd kept in my drawer especially for this week away. Some will probably feature in the next Empties post. The white container at the top is some of my Superdrug Hot Cloth Cleanser and the silver tin is SteamCream.


I took my Travalo filled with Paul Smith floral and sample size of lily, all very space effective ;)



I took the brushes in my ELF brush holder which fit everything perfectly and when zipped up is very sleek and compact.


Onto the good stuff...make up!

The top row from left to right:

  •  I took the Garnier BB cream to wear during the days but in the end only wore it once as unless it was an actual ceremony (for which I wore a full face) I never wore make up. 
  • I took 2 primers - elf mineral infused and porefessional
  • YSL foundation samples - bd50/bd60
  • Urban decay pencil and liquid liner in perversion
  • ELF mineral primer
  • ELF primer eyeshadow in Sexy Silver
  • Eyeko fat stick in satin taupe
  • Selection of coloured liquid liners
  • Maybelline colossal mascara
  • MAC bisque (this matches my skintone and I use it as a base)
  • The silver from the body shop shimmer palette (which I carefully bubble wrapped)
  • Maybelline gel liner
Bottom row from left to right:
  • ELF lash curlers
  • MUA clear mascara
  • ELF studio concealer and highlighter
  • Benefit high beam
  • Garnier concealer - was so worried this would finish as it was on it's last legs.
  • Dark lipliner pencil (LA colours?)
  • YSL lipstain in shade 9 which I reviewed here with an 18 hour experiment!
  • Revlon lip butter in Macaroon
  • Revlon balm stain in Crush Beguin reviewed here.
  • Benefit No Competition
  • Daniel Sandler waterblush
  • Natural Collection blush (never wore this, not sure I took it)
Seems like a lot but as you can see I pretty much only took one of each thing other than the coloured liquid liners & another concealer which were both for my mum. As for the lipsticks I took a natural shade, a bright red, a bright plum and a dark purple to match all outfits. I found the Urban Decay palette perfect as it had pretty much all the colours I would need for the bright Indian outfits. Below are a few looks I did throughout the week.

Not all of these eyes belong to me ;)


Hope you enjoyed this post.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

8 comments:

  1. Is the top left eye yours? They all look lovely mashAllah. You were very organised too, I don't know what I would do if I had to lug all my (Api's) make-up to another part of the country. Glad to have you back! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it sure is my eye as are another 2. I actually enjoyed going through my collection and packing it up :)

      Delete
  2. Great products, like your bushes holder too - looks very roomy and perfect for travelling.
    These eye looks are lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha not sure it could hold any bushes :p The ELF holder really is fantastic :)

      Delete
  3. As I'm watching the pictures with all the makeup, my hands are itching to try them all!
    Love the makeup looks :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. In case I haven't said before Flake Away makes a good manicure scrub!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never do anything to my nails but thanks for the heads up x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)