Sunday, 21 October 2012

Milani Baked Blush review - Coralina 08

Hi ladies

So ages ago I blogged about buying a surprise beauty box from a lady off BBS and in this I received the Milani blush. You can't find Milani in the UK so I was glad to get a chance to try this blusher out which is hyped among US blushers. I'm not particularly a blusher person and rarely wear them, preferring to limit the colour on my face to eyes or lips. Annoyingly though I seem to have gathered quite a few in my collection. I've popped 4 on my blog sale in a bid to reduce my collection (hint hint, tab at the top).


As you can see Coralina is a peachy pink with plenty of silver/white glitter particles in it. As it's a baked blusher it is really soft and due to the glitter its all very glowy. In the bottom compartment there's a little brush which I haven't used as I prefer to use my bigger one. It isn't the softest brush but it is very dense which could result in blush overload. It also has a really convenient good sized mirror in the bottom so the packaging is good, if not a little bulky. (EDIT: I have just used the little brush and I actually really liked the application. Annoyingly the mirror kept falling down though).


You can see the flecks of glitter in the swatches which definitely do transfer onto the face. It was not at all chalky or powdery to swatch.

Summary

It is a soft baked blusher, with plenty of shimmer which results in a pretty glowy look to the cheeks. The mini brush and in built mirror makes it an all in one product although it might make it a bit big for travelling. All in all, thumbs up!

Hope you liked this review. Have any of you UK readers managed to get your hands on Milani? What do you think of the brand?

Before I sign off, with this post I am participating in the #BBSHaul Hop where you can see what other BBS members are hauling this week. I wish my blog and this haul hop had been around 8 or so months ago where I could have BBS hauled every day forget every week! Addicted isn't the word I tell you. Links to BBS are below as are the other posts this week.


Till next time..Toodles! :)




26 comments:

  1. You know, that Milani blush has been on my must-try list for ages!

    I love the look of it on you, it looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Hope you manage to try it soon x

      Delete
  2. Great post Mez! I love Milani as a brand but in particular these blushes, I have about 3 or 4 of them! I think they are very similar to the MAC Mineralize blushes but as just a fraction of the cost! You cant go wrong with these.

    If you want to buy more American makeup like Milani, Wet n Wild and NYX you can order from Cherry Culture webesite which has international delivery!

    http://www.cherryculture.com/index.php

    They regularly have offers so sign up to the mailing list!

    Take care xx
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks for the heads up Grace x

      Delete
  3. This looks lovely, heard good things about these blushes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here so was glad to finally try it :)

      Delete
  4. I'm only just learning to not be scared of blusher so have only tried a couple but this does look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha same here Kelly! I don't want to look like Aunt Sally :O

      Delete
  5. That looks lovely on your face! You should wear blusher more often! I would never buy this product but only because I think it looks really cheap (snob right?). Obviously I know nothing about Milani but I am big on buying products that look good!

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha proper snob! I believe this is at the top end of the 'drugstore' in US but far from your usual MAC/Nars :P

      Delete
  6. Great blog-following you now and also following you over on Twitter!
    If you'd like please check out my blog too xx

    http://hallofmirrorsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Orla. Will definitely take a look at your blog x

      Delete
  7. Lovely post! The blusher looks lovely on you!

    xoxo
    Madiha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JazakAllah Madiha. Very kind of you x

      Delete
  8. Such a cute blush colour! Always been fascinated by the Malani blushes! Love the glow..=) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed. Thanks for commenting Rohini x

      Delete
  9. This shade is perfect on you!
    Hey what about following each other? Visit my blog and let me know, it would be great to keep in touch!
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous color! It looks so good on you. I love a more shimmery blush.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. pretty shade and looks perfect on you! I have read great things about this baked Milani blushes... I need to ask a friend in the states to send me some to try sooner or later... Great review!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Alex! Let me know if you give it a go x

      Delete
  12. ooh nice.. looks similar to one i just reviewed from elf :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the ELF blushers a bit chunky with their glitter but i'll definitely check out your post x

      Delete
  13. What an amazing looking blush! I love the colour and it looks great on you! Love the fact that the shimmer is so subtle :)
    X

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)