Monday, 1 October 2012

Project 'finishing perfume samples' pan?

Hi ladies

This is my 50th post! Hurrraaahhhh. I recently reached the 80 reader milestone too so thanks for sticking by me lovely people :)

Today I will be doing a post on the perfume samples I own and really want to finish up soon. I find myself using my full size body sprays and perfumes so these get neglected. I got this idea from the lovely Sandra and her perfume samples post. Thanks for the inspiration Sandra! I should add I rarely wear perfume so this will take a while to use up. I use my body sprays during the day and only wear perfume on nights out.


So here we have:

  • Kim Kardashian - Eau de parfum rollerball
  • Versace crystal noir - Eau de toilette
  • Lancome la vie est belle - Eau de parfum
  • Calvin Klein eternity - Eau de parfum
  • The body shop LOVE ETC - Eau de parfum
  • Versace yellow diamond - Eau de toilette
  • Yardley royal diamond - Eau de toilette

Although this is quite a big 'sample' I wanted to talk about a perfume I received in my #LiveBloggers goody bag.

Orla Kiely Eau de parfum

Now to state the obvious, how cute is the little 5ml bottle? I absolutely love the shape and the big size would make such a nice addition to any vanity. I know everyone says they are rubbish at describing scents but I genuinely am. It's why I have never done a perfume post despite having quite a few in my collection.

My best shot at it would go something like this - 'A fresh and light floral scent perfect for daytime'. Hmmm, I should probably stick to make up shouldn't I? 

What they say

Refreshing light floral fragrance with top energizing notes of uplifting Green Tea, Peach and Fig combine with natural Rose extract and delicate White Flowers. Base notes of Cedarwood, Sandalwood and classic Musk combines to balance this simple and elegant fragrance. 

That's more like it eh? At least you now know what it actually contains, instead of a vague statement. The collection also contains a shower gel and a body cream, neither of which contain parabens, sulphates, petrochemicals and artificial colourings.


Prices
Orla Kiely Eau de Parfum Purse Spray
25ml £32.00 / €40.00
Orla Kiely Eau de Parfum 60ml
£42.00 / €53.00
Orla Kiely Eau de Parfum 100ml
£55.00 / €69.00
Orla Kiely Shower Gel, 250ml, £17.95 / €23.00
Orla Kiely Body Cream, 200ml, £29.95 / €38.00

Which is your favourite perfume ladies?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

24 comments:

  1. I love the Kim Kardashian, I was really surprised as don't normally like Celeb perfumes. I have different perfumes for different seasons, Spring I love Miss Dior, Summer is Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise, Autumn is Dior Poison and Winter is Angel which is my favourite perfume of all time, But I always have a few samples in my handbag, just in case I need them .
    Love reading your blog always something different and interesting :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Really appreciate that lovely compliment :) As for perfumes, my gosh you know your stuff. I tend to just have a day and night perfume as oppose to seasonal changes :)

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you are doing the perfume sample challenge :) Be interested to hear your thoughts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for giving me the motivation to get on with reducing the stash :)

      Delete
  3. I really like the Orla Kiely perfume we got, it's so nice.

    My all time favourite perfume is the classic Chloe one, expensive, but worth every penny.

    Julie
    sweetsaremyweakness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh haven't had a sniff of that so will check it out next time I'm out :) x

      Delete
  4. Hi
    My fav is Ricci Ricc by Nina Ricci, the bottle is really cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay to 50th post! I think I might have a go at this it's a good idea to use up the samples. I wear perfume everyday so they shouldn't take too long to get through!

    The Orla Kiely smells gorgeous and that's a great size sample. My favourite perfume is either Ralph Lauren Romance or Givency Play! Totally opposites!

    Jo
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! Haven't tried either of your faves so i'll make a mental note :)

      Delete
  6. I absolutely LOVE the yellow diamonds perfume I got a sample from somewhere (think it might have been in a goody bag from HairHQ). I NEED to buy the full size version.

    Em

    x

    Em's Mixed Bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah that's where I think I must have gotten it too :) x

      Delete
  7. thank you so, so much for your comment. Oh I really need to get myself some perfume, I think sample ones are great because it's nice to see if you will love a smell beyond a day. I have old faves, but I think I may get a new one for winter :) congrats on your 50th post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking out my blog and commenting. Hope you find a lovely winter perfume x

      Delete
  8. My favourite perfume is Dolce & Gabbana-Light Blue. It's citrusy! Congrats on the 50th post!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and the one I had on the other day and you came next to me and went 'mmm you smell nice' :p

      Delete
  9. Happy 50th post! I'll bet I'm worse at describing fragrance than you though! Just to let you know that I've tagged you for the Laine Blogger Award. Pop over to mine if you fancy it but don't worry if not! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such a good idea, I've literally been hoarding perfume samples in my drawer and used full size ones instead, I should really start to use the sample sizes! My fav perfumes atm are Dots by Marc Jacobs and Jeanne Couture by Lanvin but I'm getting out the samples right now haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Body Shop Love ETC one is lovely, very pretty and girly. Think you'll enjoy using it.

    Just found your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm yet to use that one.I'll get there soon. Thank you for following Lauren :)

      Delete
  12. I just recommended you as my favourite blog :)

    http://www.myfacecosmetics.com/uk/blogger-sample-request-form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so unbelievably sweet!! Made my day. THANK YOU!

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)