Sunday, 4 November 2012

Daniel Sandler Watercolour blush - Gentle.

Hi ladies

Today I will be reviewing the Daniel Sandler Watercolour blush in Gentle. I've had this for a while after receiving it in a swap on BBS but haven't reviewed it yet as the shade name has rubbed off so I wasn't sure of the name till now. I believe this is quite a hyped product and something I wanted to try out thinking it would be perfect for my dry skin. You can find this on the Daniel Sandler website or FeelUnique for £14.50 and it comes in 9 shades.


It comes in a little bottle, you unscrew the black lid and squeeze the product out of the nozzle. You need to shake the bottle before use as the product can separate inside due to the water based formula. It's similar to how the MAC face & body works.


The swatch looks very dark and scary here. More foundation like than a subtle blush but it is a very heavy swatch so don't be fooled my dears.


It has quite an orange tone to it but it doesn't look orange on my cheeks when it is blended in. Although you can't see it in the picture I recently noticed that when the product is applied sheerly and thoroughly blended, you can see little shimmers.


I use my fingers to dot it on my cheeks and rub it in a bit. I find when I use my ELF stippling blush to blend it in the product spreads over a bigger area than I would like. Daniel Sandler has a synthetic waterbrush specifically for this which looks fantastic & retails for £15.50.



I rubbed in the swatch that was on my hand and tried to wash it off but it just wouldn't budge. The claims of being water resistant I have found are very true. As you can see once its rubbed in, it gives a nice subtle flush to the skin. However, you can also build it up for the more daring among us.

I found it so hard to take an accurate picture - in pictures it doesn't look as visible as real life. The dots of colour in the first photo are a stark contrast to the heavy swatch above.

BARGAIN ALERT - I have just found a fantastic offer on the Daniel Sandler website. If you buy the watercolour blush in charm a donation will go to a Cancer Research charity AND you get the waterbrush absolutely free! How awesome is that? I am tempted that's for sure. Take a look at the duo in action over at strawberryblondebeauty.com.

Summary

I am so glad I have this as part of my blusher collection. It's very different to any other formula that is available on the market. When applied lightly it gives a glowy subtle flush to the cheeks. I would love to try one of the other shades or the creme rouge formula and although the product lasts forever and is worth the £14.50 price tag, I sadly can't justify that expense just yet. I'm not entirely sure how the more oily skinned among us feel about it but I thoroughly love it!

Before I go I'll leave you with a fantastic review of these blushers by Charlotte from lipglossiping. She has some absolutely gorgeous swatches and for once I haven't left you with a decent 'on face' swatch so you can check out Charlotte's swatches instead. Also I suggest you follow the man himself on Twitter as he genuinely is really nice and takes the time to reply to any tweets :)

Till next time...Toodles! :)

24 comments:

  1. This shade is lovely :) I have never tried anything from Daniel Sandler before!
    I came here from your post on Makeup Maiden, you have a new follower :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's fantastic! Thank you very much. I'm off to take a look at your blog now :)x

      Delete
  2. I really want to try some of this. Keep seeing it on pixiwoos. It looks really good on you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the pixiwoo sisters that put this on my radar to begin with! Thanks Julie x

      Delete
  3. Thanks for a great review! It looks a great product and the colour suits you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for commenting. Glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  4. This shade looks pretty too Mez - thanks for including the link to my review of Charm :)

    Nic

    http://www.strawberryblondebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. Thank you for taking a look :)

      Delete
  5. I have wanted to try these for soooo long, I saw the offer and I would definitly buy it but I am budgeting at the moment :(

    Em

    x

    Em's Mixed Bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welllll you have £4 left from this week so it rolls over to next week non? ;)

      Delete
  6. I like wearing lots of blusher on my face (drag queen non?) so this would probably be a no go for me but I didn't even know you could get a liquid blush! And please don't tell me about special offers for Gawds sake, you know I'll end up buying them! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can really build this up and don't worry a portion goes to charity x

      Delete
  7. I love these Watercolour blushers! I recently got one in Cherub and it's so pretty. Definitely want more now, Gentle looks lovely! x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha once you pop you can't stop eh? ;)

      Delete
  8. I have one of thse and love the formula... soo easy to blend and last all day...Gentle is such a rpetty colour!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh which colour do you have Alex? X

      Delete
  9. Oooh - you know I am sucker for blushes, I am going to HAVE to check these out and buy one :-) I love the fact its long wearing, on my oily skin I really need that!

    Great post xx

    www.allthatslap.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely review Mez (+ the photos are great!) I had the watercolour blush a couple of years ago in Spicey and loved it! So tempted to try out Charm with the free brush (got a thing about blushers - as well as mascara) - don't know if I can resist! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Glad you enjoyed it. apologies in advance if I tempted you to spend some cash! whoops!

      Delete
  11. I've been intrigued by this product for ages, looks lovely on you =) xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Daniel Sandler Makeup especially the blush! I got mine from Hairtrade as it seems to be the cheapest place at the moment. Here’s the link if anyone wants to have a look - link

    ReplyDelete
  13. Currently wanting to try a blush from Daneil Sandler since i saw him on QVC (i ma hugh QVC fan) is the shade more coral? i want a muted pink/brown

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)