Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Elegant Touch nail wraps - Guest Post.

Hi ladies

Today we have a second guest post from my lovely friend over at fashionablycoveredup. At #LiveBloggers we received Elegant Touch nail wraps and as I don't do nails in the slightest I thought it wise to pass them over to someone who can use and review them for you. These wraps can be found in Superdrug, Tesco and online store Very retailing between £6-8. Some designs are currently on the Superdrug website for £5.49 (saving you £1.49 if you're interested). Onto the review we go...

****************************************************************


Hi again everyone! So this is my second post on Mez's blog (gracias Beanie!) and this time I'm actually doing something relevant. Mez doesn't really do anything with her nails so she asked me to review some nail wraps she was given at a Beauty Blogger's event.  I've been wanting to try out nail wraps for quite a while but the price tags made me pass so I was really excited when Mez gave me these to try. 

The packet tells you to apply a base coat, select the correct size sticker and apply it to your nail. You are then meant to file the extra piece off at the top (with the handy nail file provided-in that goes to my emergency handbag kit!). I applied a layer of top coat to the wraps and waited for them to dry. So far so good.

Here's a photo of the finished nails:
Wraps in Envy.

I was very pleased with the professional finish of them and all ready to brag to Mez about it until I went to tie my hair up. My nails (or rather the wraps) caught in my hair. So I took a closer look and realised that the tips were already chipped! Now I must take a moment here to explain how much I HATE chipped nails (it looks filthy). Not impressed. No siree.

I decided for experiment's sake to leave them on for the full five days that they are meant to last (I will apologise here for not keeping a photo diary) and apart from the initial chips on the tips of a few of my nails the nails were quite versatile! Taking them off was a simple and fun peel process.

                       Please excuse me, even my nail poses are strange.

REPURCHASE: The jury (residing in my brain) is still out. The chips and price put me off but if they were being sold cheaper than their retail price I may just buy for convenience' sake!

Thanks y'all for reading my post-don't forget to check out my blog!

xoxo
Fashionably Covered Up
http://www.fashionablycoveredup.blogspot.co.uk/


****************************************************************
Thank you for the review bud! Hope you ladies liked it and don't forget to swing by Fashionably Covered Up after you finish here.

This is the other design we received - bling.


Till next time...Toodles! :)

6 comments:

  1. Probably not the best place to ask, but are you from Birmingham. I think I saw you recently. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mez and Fashionably Covered Up for this - I am on the fence about these, I think they are a good idea but its hard to get a good finish and not sure they will last a full 5 days although yours did well,

    Thanks for reviewing :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Still working my way through that epic goody bag! :)

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)