Friday, 9 November 2012

Empties #3 with a mechanical twist!

Hi ladies

So it's time for another Empties post. I've said this before but Empties posts are one of my favourites to read and fingers crossed you enjoy them too. I have quite a few this time so I've bypassed the description for some and lumped a few together.



1. Dove Triple Moisturising Beauty Care Body Wash - £2.25 (currently 2 for £3 in Asda)
This is lovely! It is thick, creamy and smells clean. It leaves my skin feeling soft too so all in all it does a fantastic job. It was a welcome addition to the bathroom shelf.
Repurchase? I have lots of body washes to use so probably not just yet.

2. Palmolive Bergamot & Verbena handwash - £2 (currently half price in Tesco).
I fully understand this is quite a weird addition. Bloggers probably finish handwash all the time but don't feel the need to showcase it. However, I was really impressed by this. It smells gorgeous, looks quite cool and leaves my hands clean.
Repurchase? Handwash is the parents department. I'll have to ask them.

3. Exfoliators x4 - St Ives, Tesco & No7.
Other than the Tesco clean skin face scrub, I enjoyed using them all. The Tesco one was quite rough on the skin and is definitely not for the sensitive. The St Ives heated one I have raved about before on my blog & is definitely worth a go for those looking for a new scrub. The mini No7 did it's job and the St Ives Apricot Scrub was fantastic! I used it on my face and body and it did a great job of 'getting in there'.
Repurchase? I have a few to get through yet but I would go back to either of the St Ives products.

4. Skittles Strawberry candle - £1
This smells yummy and fruity. Great find in the £1 shop.
Repuchase? Yes.

5. Mascara x2 - Maybelline Colossal & Rimmel Lash Maxxx
I have reviewed the Maybelline on my blog before and I was quite a fan. The Rimmel I found in my mums make up box so I thought I'd pop it in. It has a thin comb brush and I have gotten use to the fatter wands now.
Repurchase? I have just opened a new tube of mascara which I will review soon. I like to try new ones.

6. Green People no scent hand & body lotion sample - 30ml for £4.50/200ml for £18.95.
Funny story, because of the applicator I originally thought this was a lip balm. Awkward. I wasn't a huge fan of this because of the scent. I guess because they didn't add any perfumed nasties (91% organic) it left it with a weird 'non scent'. It did a decent job at moisturising my hands and had an almost gel like consistency.
Repurchase? No. Using soap & glory hand food at the moment.

7. Perfumes x2 - Lancome/Thierry Mugler 
Lancome La vie est belle EDP - A nice sweet scent floral scent.
Thierry Mugler Womanity - Such a unique fruity crisp feminine scent. The sample didn't spray properly so I didn't get much use but loved the scent.
Repurchase? I have lots of perfumes to finish up so wouldn't look into buying any just yet.

8.  Weleda Birch Cellulite Oil - £18.95 for 100ml
I received this sample in my LiveBloggers goody bag. Although I liked the fresh scent, it didn't moisturise as I was hoping & of course it is too small a sample to notice any difference regarding cellulite. I really enjoy using the Weleda pomegranate regenerating oil.
Repurchase? No.

9. Primark fragrance free eye make-up remover pads
I didn't use this on my eyes but used it for spot cleaning of my brushes or little things that needed a wipe. They were thick, wet and did the job.
Repurchase? Maybe.

Now for the mechanical twist...

 

10. Tresonics facial cleansing & massaging system - £37.50 on QVC.
Now technically this isn't empty or unusable, but I personally do not use it any longer. Back when I was intrigued by the Clarisonic this was an inexpensive alternative I found for £20 on ebay. Turns out I'm quite old school when it comes to exfoliating but if anybody is interested in a thorough review then be sure to let me know.
Repurchase? No.

Hope you enjoyed this post ladies. I've already started collecting for my next Empties post. Yippee!

Till next time...Toodles! :)

14 comments:

  1. Nice empties :D I am still debating getting the clarisonic haha!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't spend that much on it tbh. i can't be bothered with the faff x

      Delete
  2. So many empties! I should give you some of the rest of my pamper "ugh" products to blog about. STILL trying to get through them. Beluga. Anyway great post!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah...so many empties! Well done girl! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks. I had more but will save it for next time :)

      Delete
  4. I'm a big fan of the dove body washes, not the most glamourous of purchases but they feel so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. St Ives apricot scrub is the best!!! it's one of my favourite and good new is not expensive too! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a classic. Must be in bathrooms up and down the country x

      Delete
  6. I love your empties posts! I'm sort of on the fence re Clarisonic or alternative so nice to hear an honest opinion. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love yours! :) I'll try and get a review up soon x

      Delete
  7. Omg I love the St Ives products! I can't live without those exfoliaters, they're amazinggg!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)