Sunday, 18 November 2012

Hollywood Glamour...Well sort of!?

Hi ladies

So earlier this week for Aqeela's weekly make up tag, I transformed myself from Plain Jane to show stopping, red carpet hollywood glamour queen. Hmmm, well that was the intention. Once I'd finished, I realised it didn't look anything special at all. Just the usual but with red lips. A few of the things I used came from BBS.

MAC ricepaper, shimmery champagne shadow, Lancome hypnose doll eyes mascara, Urban Decay Perversion, MAC paintpot and MAC russian red all came from swaps (not all items are pictured above).

This is what I was meant to use but I ended up giving the lashes a miss (as always I chickened out) and replaced the YSL glossy stain with MAC russian red as I was worried I wouldn't be able to wipe away the pigment from the stain and I was only in the house for the day.

For the Hollywood Glamour theme I decided to go with high coverage and used the No7 Protect and perfect foundation. I didn't use the foundation brush either but went for a damp cosmopolitan sponge to stop it looking like a mask.


I went for quite bold brows, a bright eye with winged liner and lots of mascara. Last but not least the signature red lips which is MAC Russian Red.



I used the Lancome doll eyes mascara to replace the false lashes I was meant to use. On the lid I had a MAC paintpot, a champagne shimmery eyeshadow and Urban decay perversion liner.

I then added the no7 gloss which is featured in my Top 5 glosses post for that extra va va voom. 


I don't think my look really came across as Hollywood Glamour in the end but all the same and although I wasn't going to do a post on it I thought I would share it as my blog has been very review based recently and that's not always very fun. Pop over to Aqeela's blog for a gander at all the other looks. There are some fab ones.

Hope you enjoyed this.

Till next time ...Toodles! :)




16 comments:

  1. I really like this makeup on you! Looks so nice <3
    X Deja

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful, love the red lippy on you.. looks very sophisticated with the glassed, love it!

    Nadia
    http://elegantoutfits.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your look :D your eye liner looks so good! I love the lipstick too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your lovely comments Mishelle x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Mez :)

    The only thing I will say is that to push it a little step further towards Hollywood Glamour is to add a little smokey effect to it. I did a look similar to this on a model and I used the gold as my main colour but smoked it out a little at the edges with black - just minimal not huge. You could also use a deep charcoal grey.

    Other than that, it all looks pretty stunning to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good advice. In hindsight a smokey eye is what was missing for that glam look x

      Delete
  5. I do actually think you look pretty Hollywood Glam because of the pearly white highlights in the corners of your eyes. Goes great with the red lipstick :) Almost everyone seems to have chosen red lips for that tag haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah red lipstick just screams glam! :)

      Delete
  6. gorgeous lips!!!
    happy to be your newest follower! xx
    Alice Barton ♥ The Mow Way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thanks Alice. Much appreciated :)

      Delete
  7. Smoking baby boy!!!!!! Jheeeeeeeez them lips!! Seriously though you look HOT.

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking lovely!! Love the red lip!! =D xo

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)