Thursday, 15 November 2012

Maxfactor False Lash Effect review


Hi ladies

So my Maybelline Colossal came to the end of it's life and I've had this mascara sat unopened in my make up drawer for longer than I care to remember. I bought it when Boots had a 2 for £12 offer and finally gave it a go recently. I could really tell the difference between using a fresh mascara and trying to use the final dregs of my maybelline. This is a review of the Maxfactor mascara in black.


It comes in a big purple tube which takes up quite a bit of space compared to other thinner mascara's.


I like that when you take out the wand it doesn't have lots of gunky product on it. I haven't wiped the wand before the picture and as you can see it looks pretty product free which helps application when you're trying to layer it or if you're trying to achieve a natural look.

I'm quite impressed with this picture. I love that you can see each little bristle! I took this off my phone as I do all my photos and edited it. Can you imagine what I'd be like if I had a proper SLR? Le sigh.
As you can see it is quite a fat wand which can take some getting use to if you're more familiar with thinner brushes. Before this I used the colossal which was a mighty big brush so I am quite equipped at using these bigger ones.

Long separated lashes - stark contrast to my short stubby ones.


I always find the lashes on my left eye don't separate as well and sort of clump together. No matter what mascara I use!? I gather this isn't as unusual as I first thought.

Summary

I enjoy using this mascara. I bought it when it was on offer but as great as it is I wouldn't spend the full £11.99 on it and would wait for an offer if repurchasing. Having said that, there are lots of cheaper mascara's in the sea shop so I will try something else next time. Any recommendations?

What mascara do you use?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

20 comments:

  1. I like this mascara but it's not my favourite ever :) I love Lancome mascaras the most ever!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't justify high end mascaras when there are so many on the high street tbh x

      Delete
  2. I find mascaras are such hit and miss for me the brand doesn't really matter, I used Dior Blackout but loved L'Oreal Volumizing more what a mess haha I think it looks pretty good on your lashes so if you got it for a deal that's great. lovely blog, following you (I know I follow you on Twitter idk how I wasn't on GFC #facepalm haha)

    Miranda M. | http://prettysquared.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this looks fab Mez, slightly pricey for a high street brand but I really want to try it after reading this, I have a slight 'mascara testing fetish' lol!

    Em

    x

    Em's Mixed Bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a bit too pricey tbh but it gets termed the UK's answer to the covergirl lash blast which is verrrry hyped in the blogosphere.

      Delete
  4. Mez! Your lashes look tres long! Lovely, I think I've had way too many mascara conversations with you so I'll leave it at that.

    xoxo
    Fashionably Covered Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes but I think you are forever indebted to me for the shu shu's so let's leave it at that ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh this is one of my all time favourite mascara's! Gives such good results, as your picture suggests ;-) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its definitely a lovely mascara!

      Delete
  6. It makes your lashes really full and not clumpy. I agree it is slightly pricey for a "high street" brand. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion way too pricey. It does a good job though :)

      Delete
  7. I really like Benefit They're Real, but if your looking for a really good one at a good price Bourjois 'Volume Glamour Max Definition Mascara' (Why do they keep such long names? lol) is a really good one, its the one with the hot pink packaging. xxx

    Nadia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your recommendation and lol yes super long names!

      Delete
  8. Love your Blog! I wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award over at La Belle Aventure http://thebelleaventure.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/the-liebster-award.html love Kamarla & Shanaz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried this when it first came out before my blogging days and thought it was pretty good - looks great on your lashes! One thing I've found with Max Factor mascaras is that they seem to dry out very quickly - have you found this or is it just me stumbling upon bad batches? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I think they last quite well tbh. my mums been using the one I gave her for ages. which reminds me I need to replace it. lol x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)