Thursday, 22 November 2012

Superdrug HC Cleanser V Boots Cold Cream - Battle!


Hi ladies

Welcome to the battle of the cream cleansers! Creamy cleansers are great for my dry skin and it's not a secret that I love the Superdrug brand Vitamin E hot cloth cleanser. I've recommended it to family and friends as well as other beauty bloggers and I've yet to hear a bad word in response. My one is coming to an end so I decided to look at other inexpensive alternatives and the lovely Steph had good things to say about the Boots cold cream when we were discussing it on twitter and on her blog. The superdrug one is £5.99 and comes with a muslin cloth (I bought it for half price) whereas the Boots one is £2.42, both consisting of 200ml.


As you can see the retro looking Boots cold cream comes in a jar, which isn't the most hygienic of methods (this just seems the blogger thing to say about jars) whereas the HCC comes in squeezy packaging. I am going to cut this up soon so I can use up the last precious bits resting inside.

The cold cream doesn't have much of a scent which is good for those in the unscented camp whereas the HCC has a gorgeous almond scent.


On the left is a bit of the Boots cold cream which is more whipped in texture whereas the HCC is thicker and more 'solid'.

Erm, I have no words for this and no shame - clearly.

Your Left - Superdrug HCC
Your Right - Boots

  • As you can see in the picture above, the HCC eye looks cleaner. 
  • I found the Cold Cream irritated my eyes a little which I have never experienced with the HCC.
  • The cold cream left a very oily residue on my skin.

Summary

The Superdrug Hot Cloth Cleanser wins on all fronts! I have reviewed this before so I won't go into more detail but I knew deep down I should never have strayed away from my love. The cold cream is cheap as chips and does the job too but I wouldn't repurchase.

Soon I will have a Superdrug Hot cloth cleanser V Liz Earle cleanse & polish showdown for you but to be honest the latter will have to do absolute wonders to win that battle. Not that I'm biased or anything of course.

What is your favourite product for removing make up?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

16 comments:

  1. I am really going to have to give the Superdrug cleanser a try xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Superdrug's Hot Cloth Cleanser it's so cheap, does the job and has a lovely scent. I have tried the No7 hot cloth cleanser but found it broke me out :( Also the Liz Earle one didn't impress me too much either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay a fellow fan! Not quite sure how the Liz earle will top it tbh x

      Delete
  3. The Boots no7 is really good.
    And Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean smells amazing. I prefer it to LE.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh those 2 are on my list (although spending more when I know I love this will probably kill me a little inside lol)x

      Delete
  4. I really want to try the Superdrug cleanser. Right, that's it, I'm off to buy one after work. :)

    Julie
    sweetsaremyweakness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooo let me know what you think! :)

      Delete
  5. Love the superdrug one too, just treated myself to the liz earle one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you finding it any better? Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  6. Excellent review! Definitely try the Liz Earle one, makes skin so so soft xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will give it a go. Thanks for following and commenting Laura :)

      Delete
  7. The superdrug hot cloth cleanser is one of my favs I picked it up on special offer at £2.99 a while back x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello
    Sorry to burst your bubble but the HCC annoys me. Maybe that's because I prefer taking my make-up off in my room.

    Ciao
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)