Thursday, 1 November 2012

What my cousin took in her make up bag.

Hi ladies

The one person in my life who knows the extent of my make up obsession and has to listen to me go on and on and on about my passion is my dear cousin. We went up North for Eid this year and on a whim I decided to do a 'travel make up bag' post but instead of doing yet another one of mine, I decided to let you peek into my cousins bag instead. I also made asked her to tell me what she thought about each of the items as a mini review.

Anything with a * signifies her lovely cousin i.e. Yours Truly gifted it to her. Generous and modest ;) I mention this because I bought these things after reading lots of reviews so they are 'rated' products.



  • Benefit Porefessional - She applies this to her nose and chin area. "Goes on as silk. Crazy how my finger glides". Her sister's contribution was 'hahaha good name'.
  • Benefit that gal - She uses this on her cheeks. Her sister's contribution was 'what kinda name is that, shouldn't it be girl'.
  • Garnier tinted concealer - HG product, "wouldn't be able to live without it". I fully agree with her.
  • YSL foundation in B50 - Really good. Dewy finish. Uses sample of lighter shade under her eyes.
  • Sleek contour and highlight duo* - Uses the highlighter side, which she likes.
  • Mac blush in Peachtwist - Nice, slight shimmer for occasions.
  • Lash curlers - possibly superdrug own brand. Rubbish!
  • Clinique mini mascara - "really just like it innit". (A bit of East London ghetto...Nice).
  • Maybelline falsies mascara - Uses this on top of the Clinique mascara. She said its the best volumising mascara she's tried and the two work well together.
  • Collection liquid liner - she misses her h&m one which she says was "the love of my life". It had a really thin brush so she is still getting use to this.
  • Maxfactor pencil liner* - quite pigmented.
  • MUA lipstick shade 2 - a dark pink, nice formula. "cheap as chips".
  • MAC cream in your coffee - everyday lipstick that matches her lips so very natural.
  • ELF mineral booster - "you keep telling me to powder so I bought this". (She's lost her MSF).
  • Mini Bare Minerals brush - Didn't want to bring a big powder brush.
  • Real Techniques core collection* - Awesome.
  • Vaseline - doesn't need an explanation.
Mac cream in your coffee
MUA shade 2

MAC cream in your coffee
MUA shade 2
Maxfactor black liner
MAC Peachtwist
I on the other hand took this truck load...

Thanks to my cousin for letting me talk about the contents of her travel bag. I hope you found it a refreshing change from my own make up.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

12 comments:

  1. That MUA shade 2 looks gorgeous! And yes to the real techniques core collection lol! And Mez, you're like me, I would take the same amount as you if not more lol! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha those obsessed with beauty like us have to take something for all eventualities! sigh, it's a hard life ;)

      Delete
  2. Did you forget one thing? I always forget the most important thing even if I've packed boxes! Great post!


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't ever tend to forget make up items surprise surprise. Clothes are a whole other topic x

      Delete
  3. Lol at your truckload in comparison to her 'fit in the travel bag' collection. Although I'm probably more like you (I like to have options) =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough that's how much I take when I don't have options. one eyeshadow palette, one primer, one cream, one mascara etc etc. Not sure why there's so much!

      Delete
  4. love both lipsticks... lovely shades! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If she's not reading, I'll pass on the message :)

      Delete
  5. I loveee sleek makeUP great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! I like sleek too :)

      Delete
  6. Loved this post! :) The Maybelline mascara is amazing, so volumising it's been my fav for over 4 years now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you lovely. I haven't tried that mascara myself but I'll keep it in mind x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)