Sunday, 9 December 2012

AreaH20 shampoo & conditioner for hard water.

Hi ladies

I received the AreaH20 shampoo & conditioner for normal/fine hair in my LiveBloggers goody bag. I waited a while before reviewing it so I could make up my mind. Now we all know hair care that caters for different hair types but this is the first time I've heard about a shampoo that caters for all types of water. Water varies across the world and our country itself. Living in the fabulous city of London, we have what is classed as hard water which is known to leave hair rougher, harder to untangle and does not lather as well due to limescale. Soft water on the other hand apparently leaves a 'slippery feeling'. Now let's see how the AreaH20 products aim to tackle this.




During trials, the folks in white coats down at AreaH20 found metal ions present in all types of water which react with shampoo to form mineral deposits that cling to your hair. The AreaH20 shampoo attracts the mineral ions like a magnet and allows you to wash them away far more easily. According to AreaH20, your hair will feel noticeably cleaner, smoother, shinier and less flyaway. Onwards to see whether I think this duo meets all these claims...

Shampoo on the left and conditioner on the right.


Shampoo

The shampoo smells gorgeous, very fresh & citrusy. It is runny and so is easy to squeeze product out of the bottle.

Till now I have never noticed my shampoo not lathering but after giving this a go I realised how much it lathers up. At first, it left my hair feeling so clean to the extent that when rubbing my hand through it while it was wet, (pre conditioner) I noticed a bit of friction. It felt as though it had 'stripped' my hair for want of a better word. I haven't used a clarifying shampoo before but I feel it might work in a similar way to this. However, as I have used it for over well over a month now, I've found my hair has gotten use to it and I don't notice this to the same extent.

I have an issue with dandruff (yes not a very attractive thing to admit publicly) and as a result I use medicated shampoos or t-gel to help with this. I feared using a shampoo not designed for dandruff would leave me flaking all over the show but it has been quite the opposite. I've realised that this has cleaned my hair to the extent that it is treating the problem. I am VERY impressed with that aspect of it.

Conditioner

The conditioner is a white creamy texture and doesn't have as much of a noticeable scent. I noticed after the first few times of using this that my hair felt quite dry so I used more conditioner than I usually would the next few times. The bottom of my hair still felt dry so I don't think the conditioner does as great a job as other conditioners such as my Aussie 3 minute miracle. Having said that, I have used hair oils pre and post shopping and both have helped to rectify the dryness.

Summary

It definitely leaves my hair feeling lightweight, fluffy and much cleaner than usual but this clean feeling comes at the price of having dry hair. I don't find that my hair is shinier or smoother after using this (quite the opposite) but I still enjoy using it because it helps with my dandruff. The conditioner isn't particularly effective and I'm guessing I'll run out of it way quicker than the shampoo. I wonder however if my hair just feels cleaner because of the dryness?

What shampoo & conditioner do you currently use?

Till next time...Toodles! :)


Area H20 Hard, Medium or Soft Water Shampoo for Normal to Fine Hair - £9.95, 250ml 
Area H20 Hard, Medium or Soft Water Shampoo for Coloured Hair - £9.95, 250ml
Area H20 Hard, Medium or Soft Water Conditioner - £9.95, 200ml.  
All products are available from http://www.beautyflashshop.co.uk or through the website http://AreaH20.co.uk

8 comments:

  1. The first time I used this it felt like my hair had been stripped of it's life ha! I haven't cont to use it as I don't use sulfates so if you want the shampoo or both let me know and I'll post it to you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that would be fantastic Sam! Thank you x

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad i live in a soft water area - my hair is already rough and tangled, it'd be a disaster if I washed it in hard water!
    I've never heard of a water-specific shampoo and conditioner either before, but sounds like a good idea - most importantly though is Yorkshire Tea do hard water specific tea bags ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha kelly that is the most important water specific thing!

      Delete
  3. Not sure I could justify that price for shampoo ! I use the tresemme keratin range at the moment and its pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's definitely very expensive considering what I usually spend x

      Delete
  4. I use head and shoulders and that's only cos its the one shampoo that doesn't make my hair fall out (more than usual). I would never buy something like this, it's an interesting concept but I think it's just a money making scheme to be honest (you know USP and all that)! Ok longgg comment, bye xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I get what you mean and other people say the same as you but at the same time it does make my hair feel different to other shampoos x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)