Sunday, 16 December 2012

ELF Eyebrow kit V ELF Treat and Tame

Hi ladies

After the cream cleanser post, we have another battle! However, this is more a civil war what with it being two products from the same brand (wow that light-hearted comparison just took a serious turn). I never really bothered with brows before this year if I'm honest because they're quite bushy thick on their own accord. However, I dabbled in filling them in when I got the ELF brow kit last year. After that I bought the ELF treat and tame and here's a comparison post. The only similarity is that they are for eyebrows, both in the shade dark and cost £3.75.

ELF eyebrow kit ELF treat and tame

I only use the Tame side of the Treat & Tame which has a mascara wand as an applicator. It contains the pigment whereas the Treat side is just clear but the brush applicator makes it awkward to apply. Also the Treat side doesn't line up properly when I close it but that's neither here nor there really.


Like I said above, I've had this from way before I started blogging so no photos of the product unused annoyingly. You can see all the dents in the wax on the left and the powder on the right.
The top swatch is the Treat & Tame and the bottom is the eyebrow kit. I've taken a swatch of the brow kit with and without the powder. 

The top cotton pad is the brow kit and the bottom is the Treat & Tame.


As you can see, the Treat & Tame has much more of a brown undertone whereas the Eyebrow kit has more of an ashy/black undertone.  Although I do find using the powder on top lightens the colour of the wax slightly.

I find it quite difficult to make the Eyebrow kit look natural and that's why I left it in my drawer for so long. The Treat & Tame however is perfect for everyday use. I have not been grooming my brows recently and have found that the T&T lightens them so they look more orderly. I spent the past year just setting my brows with MUA clear mascara but the bushier my eyebrows have gotten the more I've fallen in love with the Treat & Tame. It is unbelievably easy to use! You just run it through your brows, it takes 10 seconds and there's no worry of it looking unnatural.

Summary

I use the Treat & Tame for a more natural look and leave the Eyebrow kit for when I want a more defined look. The latter has been compared to the Benefit brow kit and whether or not they are the same quality, the ELF is definitely a great inexpensive alternative to have. I've noticed MAC also have a mascara wand type brow set but I am more than happy with my Treat & Tame for now. Well done ELF!

What do you use on your brows?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

6 comments:

  1. Great review! I personally use the Smashbox Brow Tech on my eyebrows and love how it turn out, but I'll definitely have to check out E.L.F. for a cheaper alternative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassidy. Let me know how you get on :) x

      Delete
  2. The mac browser is really not worth the money. I liked the elf kit, lost it on holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Booo but luckily it's not too expensive to replace x

      Delete
  3. We had the Body Shop eyebrow kit and I loved it (so much so that it's finished) and as you know we have since moved onto using just an eyebrow pencil (mac-stud). The eyebrow pencil is tres convenient-it's like colouring in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get myself to using a pencil, I don't like obviously filled in brows and so don't trust myself. lol. That's why the T&T is perfect as it just lightens my brows instead of actually defining them if you get me? x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)