Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Empties #4

Hi ladies

I have been blogging for 6 months today - My introduction post & steamcream review both went up on June 19th! Since then I have had so many views and importantly lots of lovely followers and regular commenter's that have all made me very proud of my little portion of the internet. A big big thank you to all! I'll save the emotional speech for (hopefully) my first year 'blogiversary' but I couldn't let the day go without thanking everyone for this tiny milestone.

Now onto the Empties post - I would ideally wait till I had a few more empties but I wanted to have one last Empties post in 2012 and start afresh in 2013. New beginnings...yes even with what is in essence rubbish.


1. Garnier intensive 7 days ultra-softening lotion (Nourishing Shea Butter) - £2.99/250ml
It took me quite a while to use this up as I have lots of lotions. It smells nice, is easy to rub in and keeps the body moisturised. Not necessarily for 7 days but still nice nonetheless.
Repurchase? At some point when all my lotions are done (take a look at the what's under my bed post to see how long that will take).

2. E45 moisturising lotion - £5.50/500ml (currently buy one get second half price)
This is a classic lotion in most British households - I won't spend too much time on it but it is extremely moisturising, suitable for sensitive skin and is unperfumed. I love the pump style bottle as it's easiest to use when you've just got out of the bath.
Repurchase? Not soon but probably at some point in the future let's be honest.

3. Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser - £5.99/200ml
I have raved and raved about this way too many times. Even I'm getting bored of hearing myself discussing it. Please just do us all a favour and give it a go, Thank you.
Repurchase? Fo sho, when I'm done with the Liz Earle cleanse & polish.

4. Garnier Anti-dark circles 2-in-1 tinted eye roll-on - £10.49
This is awesome! Definitely one of the best make up discoveries of recent times for me. I remember seeing this on youtube once and thinking it had more coverage than I had expected. I went out and bought it while it was half price and have never looked back. It is perfect for the under eye area on a daily basis. Also, it lasts for ages - even when you think it's dead, it isn't. Trust me.
Repurchase? Hellllll yeah.

5. Soap & Glory flake away - £7/300ml
I just have the mini tub and it smells nice and is really good at scrubbing away all that dead skin (nice). It leaves quite an oily residue on the body which means less friction when you're rubbing it in.
Repurchase? Probably not - there's plenty of scrubs out there to try.

6. Garnier Essentials day cream - £5.99/50ml
Light texture, subtle scent and soaks in quick. Great moisturiser and is always on offer.
Repurchase? Not any time soon but again, probably at some point.

7. Clarins Extra-Firming body cream -  £40
This smells nice and was easy to rub in but I couldn't comment on the firming aspect as I had a small sample that was in a beauty box.
Repurchase? Errr, I'm sure even you can answer that for me at £40 a pop.

8. Dr Bronner's Lavender & Coconut Organic lotion - £8.29/237ml
I got a little sample of this in the bag I was given at the John Bell & Croyden event. The sachet was enough to use on my legs and arms. The texture was very runny and it was easy to rub in. I don't usually like the scent of lavender but this wasn't offensive.
Repurchase? No - there's cheaper lotions out there.

So, this is the final Empties post of 2012 - hope you enjoyed it.

Tomorrow will see the start of my 2012 beauty awards. I'm genuinely excited to share this with you and I hope you all enjoy it. I'd love it if you linked me to any 'Best of 2012' posts you might have on your blog. If you haven't done it yet, I 'tag' you to do it - Yes I know I can't technically do that as I didn't invent it but whatevs.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your six months! I'm doing a favourite products of 2012 on Friday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra and yesss can't wait to read it! :)

      Delete
  2. This is a great post and straight to the point as to whether you like it or not. I agree about flake away, there are so many choices out there! xx new follower xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Faye - welcome to my blog :)

      Delete
  3. The Superdrug hot cloth cleanser looks good....is it like the Liz Earle one? OMG i am excited to see the best products of 2012! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love it! I have only started using the Liz Earle so can't give a proper review yet. Yayyy glad you're excited :)

      Delete
  4. I love empties posts! :) Congrats on blogging 6 months xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary baby cakes!! Hasn't the time flown!

    Congrats you big cheese!

    Kisses xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog! Love coming to visit and especially any sales you do!
    Have nominated you for Liebster award from my blog site, hope thats ok hun!xx
    http://pennyforthem1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)