Monday, 17 December 2012

Firmoo.com Review.

 Hi ladies

Today I am going to be reviewing glasses from another international online optical store. This time I was offered to order glasses from Firmoo - 'The world's most popular online eyeglass store'.

When I go through my bag of glasses I always laugh. From the age of 10 I have been wearing glasses and back then it wasn't as 'cool' as it is now. My glasses were hideous but in an age where people now wear non-prescription glasses just for the geek chic look, my choices have gotten somewhat better!

When I had a browse of the site to choose a pair I was quite overwhelmed because they had so many styles. I knew I wanted something I would actually wear because I wear glasses everyday. I went for plain black matte glasses but unfortunately when I went to get the link it said the frames are being phased out. Either way, here they are. They cost $32 (just under £20). They arrived within 10 days which I was impressed with considering they come from Hong Kong I believe.








It comes in a sturdy case and with a pouch, a cleaning cloth and somewhat differently, inside the pouch were replacement screws and mini screwdriver. How cool is that? (yes, I'm easily impressed).



At first they were bigger than I expected but they are quite the focal feature when they're on my face. They are heavier than my usual glasses so I'm not use to wearing them for long periods of time just yet but I'm sure if I give it a chance I'll get use to it.

The website also has a useful feature where you can upload a photo of yourself or if you can't be bothered it has photos of people with different face shapes so you can pick the one closest to you and see whether the glasses will suit your face.

As I said when I last reviewed glasses, ordering online is a doddle when you know your prescription and most importantly much cheaper than you find in your local opticians usually. Firmoo also provide all the measurements for the glasses so you know whether it will fit your face.

What I find really interesting about Firmoo is that they offer free glasses (minus shipping). Yes free!  It's called the 'First Pair Free Program'. On their website the explanation for this program is:

We provide free glasses for new customers to try our products & service, as well as to help some poor people or people with low income correct their vision problems. Our free offer is open to almost all countries in the world, such as U.S., Canada, Australia, etc. Therefore, this is quite a good news especially for people who'd love to buy frames online.

So if free glasses are your thing then have a click here.

The cheapest glasses come in at $8 which is around a fiver. Not quite as cheap as chips but close enough in some places throughout London let's be honest. They also offer a refund/exchange policy if you're not satisfied so that's always a bonus.

Have you ever ordered glasses online?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

9 comments:

  1. Love the glasses, they look fantastic on you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quite picky about choosing glasses and need to try on dozens so ordering online wouldn't suit me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This reminds me they let you upload photos to see what it'll look like x

      Delete
  3. I like this frame and I think they look really nice on you. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Love those glasses Beanie! As you know me and Api ordered a pair of Ray Ban non prescription glasses quite similar to the ones you've reviewed just for the geek chicness of it! So lame and now we don't even wear them. What a waste of £120. Dyu think I should sell them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never even thought about that before. My vision's still okay, but I can see myself needing glasses in the future. I have a classmate who works for eye surgeons...all the

    problems contacts cause are enough to sway me into frames!
    Visit Here

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)