Saturday, 15 December 2012

Inika eye liner - Black Caviar

Hi ladies

Today we have a quick review of an eye liner I received in the fantastic LiveBloggers goodie bag. Yes, I am still working my way through that humongous thing. So, today it is the turn of the Inika Organic Eye Liner in Black Caviar.



The eye liner has a very useful sharpener on one end and a clear lid on the other which makes it easier to spot the colour if you have a few in your collection. I like the sleek black and gold combo it's got going on.


As you can see with the two swatches (I went for one thin line and one thicker) the liner is a pigmented black. It is quite a 'soft' formula which can make it difficult for the pigment to show up as strong as this on the waterline.



I performed a quick smudge test and evidently it didn't perform very well in terms of staying power. I added a swatch of my favourite Urban Decay perversion liner next to it just to see how that performs alongside it and sadly (for the Inika) it didn't pass the staying test like the Urban Decay did. However, this shows if you want to blend it out you could.

Summary

I think it's safe to say the UD liner is a holy grail product and it has basically spoilt every other liner out there for me. Having said that the Inika is a fairly creamy and pigmented liner which would be nice for an everyday look when I don't want the harsh black pigment of my Urban Decay (having said that I never go for that look - it's all or nothing). At £13.50 it is more expensive than I would pay for it but it is important to mention that Inika are an organic, vegan, halal and cruelty free brand which not many companies can claim and therefore you are getting a good quality product for your money.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

8 comments:

  1. I love Inka eyeliners, they're such good quality.

    Lovely blog :)

    xxx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to buy the urban decay eye liner. This eyeliner looks abit freshie beanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the urban decay liners - I need to get the shade 'whisky'


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been tempted to try this, but I agree I am also yet to find anything to rival the Urban Decay liners. They just have great colour and staying power! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're the best I've tried so far :)

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)