Tuesday, 4 December 2012

No7 Beautiful Skin range for dry skin - Review of the full works!

Hi ladies

If you follow me on Twitter you'll know I was recently asking for skincare recommendations for my cousin (henceforth known as MC standing for Masterchef). She hasn't really been interested in skincare till now (having used wipes) but when she asked me to sort her out with the full works I turned to the No7 Beautiful skin range. I was tempted to keep it cheap and go for Nivea/Garnier but in addition to blemish prone dry skin, her skin is also very sensitive so I figured this would be safer. We bought everything during the regular 3for2 offer.

During a visit to MC's house I asked her how she was getting on with it all and a little spoiler - thankfully she loved it all! I also revealed that I had a blog and noted down her views on it all while taking photos...


No7 beautiful skin cleansing balm melting gel cleanser hydration mask exfoliator cream
Is it normal to be annoyed that this is a flash photo as opposed to natural light? Bblogger problems.



Melting Gel Cleanser - Normal/Dry - £9
There was nothing in the Dry/Very Dry range for her to use as a face wash so we moved over to this skintype. It leaves her skin feeling "soft, clean and refreshed". The gel also melts easily into the skin.


Cleansing Balm - Dry/Very Dry - £9
"Amazing for make up removal". Leaves skin feeling "moisturised" enough not to use night cream although she said she still does use it. She uses her fingers to apply this on a damp face and it does an "easy job of removing mascara". I am chuffed with that last sentence because she rarely used mascara before because she hated removing it. It has a thick creamy texture almost like the Superdrug HCC I always rave about.


Radiance Exfoliator - Normal/Dry - £8
MC told me she didn't exfoliate because her skin was too sensitive and she found the St Ives apricot scrub she used previously too harsh. I advised her to still exfoliate because dry skin leaves the skin very flakey but to use something gentler. She said this does the job as it's "gritty enough to remove dry patches but not harsh" and she uses it 3 times a week.


Hydration Mask - Dry/Very Dry - £12.50
"AMAZING!" She uses it every time she has a bath and leaves it on for 10 minutes. Gives a "moisture boost" and leaves skin "soft and supple". We only really got this as we needed 6 products but by the looks of it, I'm glad we did.


No7 Day cream and Night Cream


Day Cream - Normal/Dry - £12.50
She uses this after the Gel cleanser. It moisturises well and helps concealer and foundation to glide on, working great as a pre-make up base. Helps to combat flaky skin.

Night Cream - Dry/Very Dry - £13.50
As mentioned above, although she doesn't feel she needs to after the Cleansing balm she still uses the night cream. It doesn't feel greasy but by morning it has all soaked in.

Although it works well for her, I personally think this is very expensive for creams!



One last point - It all smells lovely and clean like fresh linen! So that's the Beautiful skin Dry range. Thank you for everyone who tweeted me with recommendations.

Have you used the No7 range before?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

15 comments:

  1. I never, ever take natural light photos, I think they look daft :P

    http://pretty-in-pink-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you were joking but wow you do only use flash photos. Yours look great though, mine look rubbish with flash x

      Delete
  2. What an incredibly detailed review! I have dry skin so this POST is perfect for me.

    I like the sound of that mask - I just bought the Origins one yesterday but I may have to get that one too!

    Danniella x x x

    www.beautyinjapan.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Danniella, glad you liked it. Hope the Origins mask works out for you :) x

      Delete
  3. Great post, love the way you reviewed the whole range of products! Think I might be treating myself to some of these, even though I really don't need anymore skincare products!

    http://cosmetic-queen-bee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Be sure to let me know if you do x

      Delete
  4. I haven't used anything from their range yet but after reading your post I'd really love to! hecking out their products right now. I love a skincare routine where all the products are the same brand, I somehow feel they should work better lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cousin specifically wanted everything from one brand but I get what you mean x

      Delete
  5. It looks like a great starter set for someone getting into skincare. The only thing I would say is that I know No 7 has parabens :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Vicky - in all honesty, as bad as it is to admit, I'm not too worried about things like parabens. This stuff isn't for me but even with myself I just tend to go for whatever is cheapest and that isn't usually paraben free. I will look into it though x

      Delete
  6. I have tried a few products from the NO7 range and have always enjoyed using them. This looks like a great kit for someone new to skincare. xx

    Julie
    sweetsaremyweakness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we just picked up something from each category and made our own kit but glad it's working for her x

      Delete
  7. I'm excited for my skin over!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bruv you don't even want to leave your room. You're getting nothing more than cotton pads and a make up remover lol x

      Delete
  8. I have dry and very sensitive skin, and not many skin creams work for me; Neutrogena used to work, but it has all these harmful chemicals! AND they dont work well at night. I would need something much heavier to last the night. I started using the Made from Earth Olive Night Creme and seems to visibly smooth out my skin and leave it with a nice feel.

    The consistency is very light and almost has a "whipped" look to it, and the first time I slathered it on my face and neck it was absorbed in seconds. It has a pleasant aroma, and I especially love it on my neck and upper chest area, which soaks it up like a sponge.

    Well worth having if you like to vary your face creams and try something new, especially if you want a thick night cream.

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)