Friday, 25 January 2013

Foundation Friday - Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick (4.5)

Hi ladies

It's another Friday and yet another chance to natter about Foundations. Today I will be talking about the Bobbi Brown stick foundation which is the only cream formula I have in my collection and one of the few full sized ones. I have it in warm natural - 4.5 and 9g retails for £28. I was going to talk about another one today but Joanne asked my views about this on twitter and it got me thinking this review would be best in winter, so thanks for the nudge Joanne!



It comes in classy looking, stick packaging which you can apply directly to your face and then blend out with your fingers or a brush. You can also swipe the brush on the product and apply it that way if you're not keen on putting things directly onto your skin. A cream formula is best suited to dry skin and the website specifies it is suitable for most skin types, except for very oily.


The cream texture makes it really easy to apply. A quick swipe, a quick blend and you're done. This is the only foundation I could apply without a brush so if I was very limited when travelling I would probably take this, safe in the knowledge it wouldn't spill too. Having said that, I do use my f82 to lightly blend it out. It lasts all day on my dry skin and looks natural. I tend to lightly (and I mean very lightly) powder my face after most foundations (with the ELF mineral booster) but this cream formula could definitely use a little powder as it may be a bit too creamy for normal/combination skin types.


It has medium coverage although you can build it up and the lady at the Bobbi Brown counter also said it could be used as a concealer. Warm natural is a good match for me as it has the right yellow undertone for my skin (although it looks orange in the swatch it isn't on me). I find Bobbi Brown as a whole is excellent in catering for Indian/Asian skin. Also, at the other end of the scale I find a lot of pale beauties talk about the Alabaster shade.


My only problem with the foundation is that despite no SPF, it seems to leave a little bit of a white cast in flash photos. Nobody else seems to have this issue and have instead reported that it photographs beautifully so I actually have no idea what is going on there! I will keep a conscious effort of using this when none of my other base products contain SPF and report back with an edit at the bottom.

In short, I would recommend this for those with dry skin that are looking for a no fuss, medium to full coverage foundation. Oily skin ladies should probably avoid!

Have you ever used this foundation?

Till next time...Toodles! :)


16 comments:

  1. This looks lovely, I use to love stick foundations..although it probably wouldn't work on my comb/oily skin. Great review x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I've never tried a stick foundation before, but this looks really creamy. For some reason I always think that stick foundations are dry/drying (I really have no idea why I think such thing!)

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to think that too. Thank you x

      Delete
  3. Ie heard great things about this one but never had the chance to swatch it. Great review Hun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried a stick foundation or a bobbi brown product lol, looks like a nice product,especially as it's medium to full coverage :) Can't stand sheer foundations! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sound of this Mez - should suit my skin-tone if if does yours do you think? I've Normal/Combi skin so should be ok I reckon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can never find a nude I like! Ugh its frustrating!
    MissDelovelyCami.blogspot.com
    &
    HumanelyChic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have this too! But I can't remember my opinion of it (off she goes to plaster it on)

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love using this foundation on brides and shoots as it's so creamy and i dab it using a sponge on certai areas. This gives really great coverage as well. Love the post! xxx
    www.missbeautyadikt.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my favourite and current foundations however I do find it a bit heavy for daywear. I really love stick foundations as I hate messing around with brushes/sponges/fingers to apply it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely easy to apply :)

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)