Friday, 18 January 2013

Foundation Friday - Garnier BB cream (Medium).

Hi ladies

Here's another instalment of Foundation Friday. As you can tell this weeks feature isn't actually a foundation but I thought Foundation Friday was a catchy title and I mean it to encompass all forms of bases from BB cream, tinted moisturisers to obviously foundations. From what I remember this was one of the very first BB creams to hit the UK high street. I am yet to use a 'proper' korean BB cream and because of shade choices I don't think I ever will and although I accept that these imitation BB creams probably don't have the same benefits it is all I have for now.


I have had this for quite a while and it's been pretty neglected over the months so I pulled it out for the purpose of Foundation Friday. I just wanted to bring to your attention that Garnier have released a newer formula of this BB cream and I can tell by swatching it in Superdrug that it is really different so this isn't a reflection of that.

It comes in a pretty small tube 50ml tube and retails at £9.99. However, Garnier 'skincare' is always on offer and is currently on 2 for £15 in Boots. It comes in two shades light and medium (BB creams aren't known for a wide shade range so I guess it's better than one shade fits all) and I have the one in Medium.


Garnier claims: Garnier BB cream for immediately perfected skin with even tone and boosted glow. Blurs imperfections and smoothes fine lines. SPF15 protection and 24hr hydration.

It comes out as a pretty thick but lightweight creamy 'splodge'. Once blended you can't really feel it on your skin which is always a positive. It leaves a pretty light coverage as is expected with BB creams and this makes it great for everyday use especially with the SPF.

The main thing I like about it is the 'hydration' and glow it leaves. It is perfect for my dry skin but I would almost go as far as to say it is almost 'greasy'. When this BB cream was originally released, I saw lots of reviews from people with oilier skin who really disliked the product and I'm not surprised. Having said that, I feel the newer formula takes care of the greasy feeling and it seems Garnier have addressed those issues.


The main reason I don't wear this sadly is because of the shade. I'm not sure if you can tell in this lightly blended swatch but the BB cream has a very pink undertone. I didn't realise at first but when I wore it a few times I became aware that it looked weird on my yellow skin. Once it sinks into my skin and I've powdered I could get away with it but I'm quite particular about using the exact match when it comes to bases so unfortunately this doesn't get used as much as it would have.

Which is your favourite BB cream?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

12 comments:

  1. I'm not a massive BB cream fan, but this is a great review

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is pretty good, luckly I don't have major issues with the colour.. definitely one of the best BB cream that I have tried. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me the undertone works but I find their shade range really poor. Great review lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's just reflective of bb creams x

      Delete
  4. I have that exact same BB cream & it does leave a greasy feel and look to it and i always find when ever i do wear it i have to apply a powder over it so it doesn't look greasy. I saw the new version of this BB cream but I'm 50/50 with it. xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it definitely needs powdering to avoid looking greasy x

      Delete
  5. I have The Sanctuary Spa's BB cream and I do like it even though its a tad too dark for me. The coverage is rubbish but then I expect a full coverage from all my products. I don't think I'd re-purchase it though.

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I liked that one when you gave me a sample to try x

      Delete
  6. Love your reviews Mez, they are very informative and completely impartial which I appreciate a lot. I had a teeny sample sachet of this in a magazine last year (think it was the original formula) and have to say I really didn't like it, for the reasons some others didn't - just far too oily and shiny, and sat in creases I didn't even know I had!! I had the "light" shade and as with most things on my skin, it was still too dark and too pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comments. It's a shame this didn't work for you x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)