Sunday, 13 January 2013

Sample Sunday - Benefit Porefessional Primer (before & after photos).

Hi ladies

I hope you ladies haven't passed out with shock by seeing my blog pop up on your reading list. I have been without internet for a week and it has been pretty darn difficult. Yes entirely First World Problems but it's hard when you've become so use to it. I have wifi for today so I am getting my blog on! 

Today's Sunday Sample is Benefit Porefessional primer. I have been tempted by the full size of this for so long after hearing rave reviews about it. I have enlarged pores on my nose and after trying a bit on while in Debenhams I was left feeling fairly impressed by the results and wanting more. However, as with most things, the £23.50 for 22ml price tag soon put me off. 


As you can see I have a 7.5ml sample of this and thanks to Glamour magazine (July edition I believe) I have lots of back ups which will see me through the foreseeable future. Not only do I have a few back ups, you only need the teeniest amount of product so despite using this sample for a few months now (granted I don't wear it often) I have barely scratched the surface.

porefessional swatch

The product comes out as a pinky beige colour but when rubbed in to the skin it completely disappears making it suitable for all skin tones I believe. I only apply it on my nose and chin as they are the problem areas and it immediately leaves a smooth silky feel to the skin whilst also feeling matte and somewhat powdery. As I have dry skin, a description like that would have left me worrying but provided I've moisturised, it isn't too much of an issue. In fact I believe it's this mattifying effect that helps to leave pores looking slightly minimised.

                
Before
After

Now my pet peeve with Porefessional reviews when I was originally looking into buying it was the lack of Before & After photos. I wanted to see for myself whether it worked. Now I've started blogging I see exactly why people were reluctant to post such close up photos of what can be a very self conscious thing. I deliberated about adding these photos but then as with most reviews, it felt too incomplete without it. For all those that think I have perfect skin - thank you but these photos are proof that all you need is close up photos to dispel that theory.

The Before photo has lashings of moisturiser hence the almost oily appearance and in the After photo you can see my nose looks matte and that's why I believe the pores look slightly minimised. Nothing miraculous but a subtle difference. During the summer when I'm not wearing foundation I think if I pop a bit of this on my nose area, despite perspiring my pores won't look as visible.

Summary

So I don't think it's a miracle product and when I tested the NARS pore refining primer in Selfridges I remember thinking it works a bit better than this and at only 50p more (I can't find the product size). This isn't a product I can't live without yet and I don't see me repurchasing for the full price when my samples finish but I might look into other pore refining alternatives. Having said that, it does make a subtle difference in minimising the appearance of my pores and I will continue using the samples I have.

What primer do you use?

Till next time...Toodles! :)


18 comments:

  1. I bought this over the summer and I thought I was going to love it and it's just 'ok'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's sort of how I feel in one word x

      Delete
  2. fab post chick & you are right, up close pics can be daunting! Your skin is a lot better than mine though! I know people who use this along with another primer to help boost the effect! xox

    The Style Khaleesi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. I only use this on my nose and chin but elsewhere I use a different one x

      Delete
  3. Bravo Mez you brave girl!! I gave my sample of this away in a sale but am now wishing I'd kept it. I too get oily t zone and enlarged pores and struggle to keep my skin looking fresh and balanced. Your pics have made me decide to give it a go next time I can lay my hands on some. x Gem. (wwwblackstarrynight.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Gemma. Hope you manage to get your hands on some more x

      Delete
  4. Wow, very brave with the close-up photo!
    I use Avon Magix since I like the SPF, but if it were not for that I would probably just use Monistat Anti-chafing powder gel - the ingredients are almost identical to Smashbox's primer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so much about that. Will have a look when everything else finishes x

      Delete
  5. I have tried this once at a Benefit counter - the lady put it on my and she said "look isnt it amazing" whereas I was struggling to see the difference! I have not tried it again but I do have a full size one from attending a Benefit event. I will see how I do with it.

    Great post Mez! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace. I never understand that hand thing!

      Delete
  6. I don't see too much of a difference when used alone, but I really like this to use under my foundation. My skin is quite dry at the moment though and I'm loving that gal by benefit
    Gem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my skin is too flakey for that gal. I need something slippery and siliconey x

      Delete
  7. Lol should have read this before asking for a review on your haul post. So what do you think for me to purchase it, cos obviously my pores are way bigger than yours? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was looking for a replacement for my Smashbox primer, because they stopped selling it here in the Netherlands! Boehoeee :(
    Great review! Too bad the product isn't amazing. Ah well, that means that this can't replace my current primer either.

    Great review, Mez!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sal! For a siliconey smashbox feel I use the elf mineral primer. It's a shame they stopped selling it there x

      Delete
  9. Hi, I am sure you'll be loved by many on world's 1st eyewear styling community —— plus.firmoo.com, could we have the honor to see you there?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ive heard such good things about this and was so tempted to get it but i will have to try a sample first! Great review thnx x

    shana x

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)