Sunday, 24 February 2013

Empties #5 - Winter Edition.

Hi ladies

I'm back again with yet another Empties post. Before I get on with the mini reviews of the ones that stand out I should add I accidentally put the Superdrug HCC in this photo but that was accidentally in my box from the last empties post. Whoops!


1.Soap & Glory hand food - £5/125ml
This is quite a popular hand cream in the beauty world and I've had this particular tube for quite a long time. I remember being astonished (yes strong reaction) at the formula when I first used it. It soaked in like no other and left my hands moisturised without being greasy. It has a strong, typically sweet soap & glory scent which you'll either love or hate. It took me a long time to finish up and near the end the formula felt like it had separated because it left my hands a tad greasy.
Repurchase? I have the big pump bottle that I bought in the boxing day sales.

2. Nivea Nourishing hand cream - £3.16/100ml
I wasn't the biggest fan of this hand cream. Near the end I was just using up lots of it every night so I could finish it up. It left that typical greasy feeling on the hands but I really liked the scent which may have something to do with the Macadamia nut oil it contains.
Repurchase? No.

3. Neutrogena T-Gel shampoo - £4.15/125ml
As I've mentioned before (somewhat reluctantly) I suffer from an extremely dry scalp/dandruff. This does the job of keeping it at bay. It doesn't eradicate the problem by any means and has a medicated scent but it's my go-to anti-dandruff shampoo. It's fairly pricey but I've discovered you can get a multi-pack from places such as costco which works out cheaper.
Repurchase? Yes.

4. Fragrance samples - 
J'adore by Dior/Eternity by Calvin Klein - Both perfumes are described as a floral scent which isn't usually my favourite type of scent but I really liked J'adore which seemed a bit sweet to me.

5. Weleda Citrus Deodorant - £8.95/100ml
I have been using this everyday since I reviewed it back in September and I really enjoyed it. This was my first ever experience with an aluminium free deodorant and I'm not really looking forward to going back to anti-perspirants. As much as I liked the scent of this and the fact that it didn't go in my throat like usual sprays, I don't feel like this will give me enough support through my upcoming trip to humid india or even a British summer. It was the perfect companion this winter though.
Repurchase? Sadly not any time soon but will look into natural deodorants for winter.

6. Blistex relief cream - £2.25
I used this up throughout winter after having used the 'Intensive Moisturiser' version from Blistex last winter. At first it had split in the tube so I had to give it a good shake but after that it came out as a normal light cream. It comes in a nozzle tube so you have to squeeze some on your finger before applying to your lips. It is very minty and is meant to treat cracked, chapped and sore lips. Personally I preferred the Intensive Moisturiser version as I feel this was intended to be more of a medicative therapy than a moisturising one.
Repurchase? No.

7. Burts Bees Peppermint foot lotion - £11.99/100ml
I had a little sample size of this from a kit and I quite enjoyed using it. It has a very heavy minty scent that lingers in the room upon application. The menthol and peppermint oil are quite invigorating as you would imagine.
Repurchase? I now have a brand new S&G foot lotion to try.

8. Lush snow fairy - Limited Edition for xmas.
I have had this since last christmas as you can see from the older packaging. I put this away for most of 2012 because I wasn't a fan of the glitter and didn't really see the hype. However, late last year when I began using it as a bubble bath I really enjoyed finishing it up.
Repurchase? Maybe.

9. Ojon restorative hair treatment Oil - £16/50ml.
This is designed to treat and restore dry and damaged hair. It comes in a brown coloured solid form which you have to rub in your hands to turn into an oil. I really disliked the scent and I didn't notice much difference from this sachet size.
Repurchase? No.

10.  Sophyto Super Concentrate Oil - £34.95/30ml.
I reviewed this in my FreeFromSkincare Awards post and said I enjoyed using this at night so I can wake up with moisturised, soft skin. I turned to this as opposed to night cream in the latter stages of winter and I'm sad to see it finish. Unfortunately, at that price, despite the quality ingredients, this oil does not come within my budget but something I would recommend.
Repurchase? Sadly, no.

This Empties post had a distinct winter feel about it. Maybe I'll split these up according to the seasons, so I have 4 a year. I guess that depends on how many products I can store, but if that is how I choose to proceed, see you at the end of spring.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

9 comments:

  1. Shame about the Weleda deodorant... I had high hopes :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice as a deodorant but obviously it's not a antiperspirant which I'll need on the heat x

      Delete
  2. I've found Mossgrove natural deodorant to be fab - it is a bit pricey but works really well. x

    http://shop.moss-grove.co.uk/natural-deodorant-for-women-3-p.asp

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get through so many products! I can use one moisturiser for upto 6 months. Maybe that says more about me though lol. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I love finishing things up x

      Delete
  4. I love empties posts! I will have to agree with you regarding Snow Fairy, it gets so much hype but I have found it doesn't foam well, you need TONS of product and the glitters stayed stuck on the bottom of my bottle. I will probably end up using it as a bubble bath to use it up too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely works better as a bubble bath Gaby x

      Delete
  5. I swear by the blistex relief cream. x

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)