Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Magnifibres - fuller/longer lashes without falsies?

Hi ladies

After a long hiatus, I am back (sadly not for long - darn laptop) with a review of the Magnifibres brush on false lashes. I received this in the #bbloggersxmas goody bag and I have been testing it out since then. This will be a very photo heavy post as I think with products like this, the proof is in the pictures. This retails for £20.



I like the packaging and think the ruler design is quite clever.


They have put step by step directions around the packaging.


A simple and sleek white and black tube.


As you can see the thin wand has lots of white fibres.

Sorry for the out of focus photos.

The first photo is just of my plain (extremely curled - post coming soon) lashes, middle is of a quick coat of mascara followed by the magnifibres and the last is with a second coat of mascara. You have to wait for 30 seconds before applying the second coat of mascara on the magnifibres. During this application, they recommend you look down so those pesky fibres don't go into your eye.

Just a heads up - I used a mini mascara when testing this out because I was worried the white fibres would cling onto my mascara wand and clog up my mascara.


Left - without magnifibres
Right - with magnifibres

In summary, I've found it is more effective in giving volume than length. It does add a bit of length but nothing drastic. I have short lashes which aren't great but I suffer from fakelashphobia (not a medical term). I have never used them and although these aren't as drastic as fake lashes they do give a bit of va-va-voom.

Do you think they make enough of a difference to justify the price tag?

Till next time (who knows when that will be?)...Toodles! :)


12 comments:

  1. LMAO at fakelashphobia! Great post, not sure I think these are worth the price...you can buy these for less and get tonnes more product

    http://www.allthatslap.com/2012/08/review-lash-extender-for-dramatic-lashes/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really wanted to test these out but after reading reviews I think I would prefer more length than volume, great if your lashes are quite thin.

    Em

    x

    http://www.emsmixedbag.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does add a bit but not huge amounts x

      Delete
  3. fakelashphobia that made me lol. Your eyelashes are amazing with nothing on!! total eyelash envy - looking forward to seeing how theyre curled as mine never curl well!! Great post! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you but they're not.lol. Post coming soon x

      Delete
  4. The results look amazing but I'm not sure if I'd be willing to pay £20! L'oreal used to have a similar one but unfortunately it's been discontinued, there should be other high street alternatives though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There aren't many high street options tbh x

      Delete
  5. The magnifibres do add volume but to be honest Mez I think your natural lashes look perfectly fine all on their own! I have the fibre tube from Model Co fibre lash left to use up but can't be bothered to faff about most of the time! Must be getting lazy in my old age! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks quite cool. I like that it gives your lashes such volume! Not sure about the price though! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does actually looks really nice, adds lots of volume. I was always curious how does products like this one work. xx

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)