Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Superdrug Naturally Radiant skincare range.

Hi ladies

I recently bought some of the Superdrug Naturally Radiant range (well I say I did - cheers pops!) when it was half price in Superdrug (it still is half price). I have an exfoliator, mask, hot cloth cleanser and a moisturiser so almost a ready made skincare routine minus a face wash. I won't be discussing the hot cloth cleanser in this post as I will be comparing it to it's sister Superdrug Vitamin E Hot cloth cleanser (which we all know I love) and possibly the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish.


From left to right we have the Brightening day cream, brightening micro polish, brightening renewal face mask and the brightening hot cloth cleanser. It comes in a fresh light mint colour which I like.

All the products are infused with kiwi fruit and Mulberry which gives the products a light fresh scent that I like. They are supposed to brighten, reduce discolouration and even out the skin tone. These seem to be long term promises which I can't comment on yet. The brand is suitable for vegans and paraben/cruelty free.


Although I won't discuss the Hot Cloth Cleaner in terms of reviewing it I will mention that it comes with a muslin cloth and a 'swatch' of it along with the other products below.

Brightening day cream, brightening micro polish, brightening renewal face mask brightening hot cloth cleanser
Top to bottom:
Brightening day cream
 Brightening micro polish
Brightening renewal face mask
Brightening hot cloth cleanser
Brightening Day Cream - £5.99/75ml
This is quite a thick day cream and unfortunately I have only just realised it is the formula for Normal/Combination skin. I have extremely dry skin and there is another formula especially for my skin type which I hadn't realised at the time. Even so this leaves my skin really soft without feeling the slightest bit greasy. It contains sugar beet extract and SPF 15.

Brightening Micro Polish - £4.99/75ml
This isn't as exfoliating or gritty as I usually go for. There aren't as many exfoliating beads suspended in the liquid although the ones that are in there can be quite sharp. In addition to kiwi and mulberry this contains blueberry seeds for exfoliating.

Brightening renewal face mask - £4.99/75ml
I was really surprised when I first squeezed this out and it was a clear gel texture. I have only ever used creamy masks so this is something new for me. It contains fruit acids which is meant to exfoliate and refine the skin's surface texture but you can't feel any of this happening. It does leave my skin feeling soft but it doesn't harden like traditional masks although it does create a sticky barrier after around 10 minutes from where it 'sets'.

In short, there is nothing I particularly dislike about the range although the exfoliator isn't gritty enough for my dry skin. I wouldn't buy it at full price but I wouldn't have too as the superdrug own brand products are regularly on offer.

I'm excited to see whether the HCC compares to my Holy Grail Vitamin E HCC.

Till next time...Toodles! :)



16 comments:

  1. The mask sounds amazing, I have been looking for a budget exfoliating mask. I will be picking this up. Great post. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it worked for you if you bought it x

      Delete
  2. These sound pretty good given the price - I like the sound of the mask too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely an interesting mask x

      Delete
  3. i feel like i have commented on this but maybe not. Anywhooooo i like the face polish but the cleanser is not doing it for me if im honest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am yet to give that a proper go x

      Delete
  4. Wait aren't you in India ????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was indeed but I wrote this up before I went x

      Delete
  5. Its so nice to read a review which doesn't huge big up a product. I'm looking forward to seeing how you like the hot cloth cleanser compared to the Vit E. Have you seen the new B range? Looks pretty nice!

    Cherry Lane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the B range looks cool but I can't justify buying any at the moment. Thanks :)

      Delete
  6. Love your blog! x

    http://kateexo.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought the hot cloth cleanser a while back, but haven't tried it yet. Look forward to seeing your comparison. Great reviews on the other products.

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interested to hear what you think about it Julie. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This range sounds right up my street... shame that the scrub is not gritty enough as It's what I go for too... but I will definitely try the mask!

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)