Thursday, 7 March 2013

What is in my one month travel bag - See you later Blighty :)

Hi ladies

So I'm off to hot and sunny India tomorrow and I thought I would show you what I'm taking with me. Most of it is skincare as I don't foresee me wearing make up in the almost 37 degree humidity. I have of course taken some make up along should the occasion arise.

This looks like loads but it is quite a long time

So this is all the make up I'm taking. I packed mini's where I could. I don't use powder foundation because my skin is so dry but I figured I'd get use out of it there. I have ELF mineral and Bare Minerals foundation. I also have a sample of the NARS tinted moisturiser (review coming separately) and YSL touche eclat samples (I doubt I'll wear this). The only brush I'm taking is the ELF kabuki and mini Bare Minerals brush.

I'm also taking a sample of the Witch Anti-Blemish primer as the packaging says it is meant to draw away excess oils, Monu skin perfector (it's not a slick enought base for me here) and Porefessional for it's mattifying qualities. Also some blotting sheets which I never use here.

For eyes I'm not taking any eyeshadows but a mini Urban Decay liner in zero (can't risk losing perversion), a mini Clinique high impact mascara and Rimmel Glam Eyes liquid liner. For brows I have the usual ELF Treat & Tame plus a clear (yeah right I hear you say) MUA mascara.

Lastly, for lips I have the Revlon balm stain in Crush, ELF moisturising tint and the teeniest red lipstick sample ever (maybe oriflame). All different colours, a natural pink, a berry and a red.

 This is the clear zipped bag I'm taking it in. It's actually quite small.


As you can see I have emptied the big bottles into travel sized ones I've bought from a mixture of Superdrug, Boots and Poundland. In the travel bottles I have Soap & Glory foot lotion, Superdrug brand SPF, Cocoa Butter body lotion and my Garnier 7 day intensive body lotion. I am also taking my sachets of Garnier body lotion for when I take overnight trips. I never use dry shampoo but thought it might come in use so packed a travel size.

For my face I am taking the Etat Pur products I reviewed but didn't find the best for my dry skin. I'm hoping they will work better in the heat. I also have a sample of Cetaphil cleanser, Clarins mattifying lotion and Garnier SPF. Lastly, two face masks just in case I get a chance to pamper myself.

 I got this as part of a set from poundland and it's the perfect size.


These are the big size products I'm taking. The only one to note is the Cinq mondes roses petal rain mist I received in my Betrousse box which I haven't used but this is meant to refresh and moisturise the skin.

 This is what I'm keeping the full sized products in - it deceivingly fits loads!

So this is everything I'm taking. I will hopefully report back on the star products when I get back.

It goes without saying blogging won't be very regular over the next month (not that it really has been in 2013 sadly). Catch you lovely ladies on the flip side.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

16 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip to India!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time! Truly impressed with your packing skills xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! I hope you have an amazing time Mez, you have some fab products to take with you :)

    Em

    x

    Em’s Mixed Bag

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done really well there Mez - a good selection, although I'd have to sqeeze in one more mascara if I could - you know me! If I was going for a month I'd be taking everything and the kitchen sink! Have a safe journey and a fab time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have an amazing time! you seem well-packed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kel! In hindsight I overpacked.

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)