Friday, 19 April 2013

Foundation Friday - GOSH BB cream & BB Skin Perfecting Kit.

Hi ladies

It's been a while since I last did a Foundation Friday post and although technically this isn't a foundation it's  a base product. I thought I would also discuss it's sister product, the concealer and highlighter kit while I was at it. I received both of these from the lovely people at GOSH when I swung by the preview of their S/S 2013 collection. I didn't want too many GOSH posts one after the other but I wanted to get this post up while both products were still on offer in Superdrug. These usually retail for £9.99 but currently you can grab them for £7.99.


BB cream - warm beige 03.
The BB cream shade that matches my skintone is warm beige 03. The BB cream has an impressive shade selection at 5 shades (considering most BB creams have a one shade fits all approach) and caters for women of colour.

GOSH BB cream warm beige swatch


To sum up, I am a big fan of this BB cream. As I've said many a time, I have dry skin and this BB cream has some great moisturising properties that helps me combat those pesky flakes I usually get when applying foundation. It is very runny (I believe it is water based) and so I give it a bit of a shake before use. It provides decent coverage, feels lightweight on the skin and has SPF15 so I would recommend it for daily use and especially for those with dry skin.

BB Skin Perfecting Kit - Medium.


GOSH BB skin perfecting kit medium swatch


GOSH BB skin perfecting kit light swatch
These are the swatches for the Skin Perfecting Kit in Light.

Unfortunately this concealer and highlighting duo only come in two shades and I use the darker of the two. There is a lighter yellow based concealer that matches my skintone well, a darker salmon based concealer and lastly a highlighter to apply on the cheekbones and anywhere else you like. I first use the peachy concealer under my eyes to correct the colour and then the lighter concealer to brighten it up. The highlighter is quite dark for my skintone and it is a very subtle golden highlight. It would probably look better on darker skintones and isn't the sort of highlighter I would use. This doesn't provide enough coverage for me personally and I don't find it best suited to my dry skin but would be good for those with normal/combination skin that don't need a heavy duty concealer.

To sum up, I am a bit fan of the GOSH BB cream and find it great for dry skin. Have you tried it yet?

Till next time...Toodles! :)


6 comments:

  1. I've sort of stopped using my BB cream since we got that Dior powder thingymy. I might whip mine out for the coming summer though! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have the sample you gave me lol

      Delete
  2. I have the BB cream in my draw, I'm a little over BB creams which is weird for someone who has quite a bit of them cos I always need to buy two as I'm such an in-between skin tone for shades.

    Yet I always hear such positive things regarding this BB cream in particular. I might have to give this a little trial run. The concealer and highlighter it's shame it only comes in two different shades. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure to let me know how it works for you :)

      Delete
  3. Nice review, I've been wanting to give the BB cream a try. I find the ones in the UK very hit and miss. Especially when it comes to shades :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know how you feel. It's hard to find one that matches! Thanks :)

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)