Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Yooohoooo I'm back - Teeny India 'haul'.

Hi ladies

I am back from 'Mera Bharat Mahan' (Ain't gonna lie, I laughed to myself typing that). I had an amazing time exploring the country, getting to know my family and enjoying the 36 degree heat (I'll be honest I appreciated  the heat more once I got back to fareeezing Blighty). I really didn't buy many beauty products but I thought I would share what little I did buy. I understand you can't buy most of these products here so I won't be doing separate reviews (I might do for the Baby Lips in the hope it'll hit the UK at some point) and instead of photo overload, teasing you with the products, I just popped in a few grids.

I won't be talking about the Baby Lips in this post and I should add I only bought myself the one shade, the rest are for other people - Nice control Mez!

 Maybelline ClearGlow Bright Benefit Cream - 01 Nude


Maybelline clearglow BB Bright Benefit cream
Maybelline clearglow BB Bright Benefit cream swatch

I got this BB cream for the bargain price of 199 rupees which is just under £2.50. There are 3 shades and weirdly enough 01 Nude is the darkest of the three. Upon application it is a bit light for me but after a bit of blending it seems to match. It evens out the skintone and is a nice everyday product (if unlike me you are so inclined to wear something everyday).

Maybelline The Colossal Kajal


This twist up Kajal cost just over £2 and the bright yellow packaging instantly reminded me of the colossal mascara I have previously reviewed on my blog. I remember there being some sort of offer that pushed me to purchase this and I'm glad I did.

Maybelline colossal kajal black swatch
It is soft, creamy, pigmented and very long lasting. The bottom left picture was after I rubbed the swatch (I let it set for around a minute) and the bottom right is the remains of the swatch the next morning despite having washed the dishes and lightly rubbing off with water. Not bad at all.

Colorama Cremoso Nail Polish in Nude
Colorama cremoso nail polish nude swatch

I got this Maybelline nail polish for free after purchasing the kajal (it doesn't say Maybelline on the packaging but a quick google told me Colorama is a range within the brand). It usually retails for 100 rupees which is approximately £1.20. It is a gorgeous creamy pink which I really like and is different from the few other bright polish shades I have.

So that was all I brought back with me. Whilst there I bought a Lux soap which was very creamy and a nice exfoliating facewash from the brand Lotus I believe. I wanted to try more Indian skincare but it just never ended up happening.

I'm not sure why I was so shocked to see all these brands. India definitely has changed since I was last there.


Hope you're all doing well. It's been a long time since I last blogged but hopefully a little normality should return to my blog now I'm back.

Till next time...Toodles! :)


27 comments:

  1. So glad you had a great time Mez and lovely to have you back, we missed you. Can I be nosy and ask what the 4 little blue and yellow things are at the top of the pic :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Those are keyring holders that came with the baby lips. Funky right?

      Delete
  2. wow didn't know you could find stuff like this in India lol. Will have to have a look whenever I next go x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find everything there! I took shower gel, face wash and all sorts but there really was no need. Not only did they have all the brands, it was cheaper!

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a good time Mez x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOOH baby lips, I love the ones I have xx Love the haul and glad you had a good time xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the nail polish color - looks like a nice neutral. Glad you had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful neutral shade x

      Delete
  6. Nice to have you back! That kajal looks great

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! Shows the mark up on products over here when you got them so cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the products themselves are different too though. The BB cream only contains 18ml of product x

      Delete
  8. Welcome back Mez - glad you had a good time - must be an amazing experience! Like the look of the BB and that Kajal looks great - that's what you call staying power! My mum used to wear a lippie called Tangee (I think) over in India (we're talking back in the 50/60s though) - apparently it only came in one colour - and adjusted/deepened once it was on the lips! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that lippie sounds ahead of it's times x

      Delete
  9. Wow so many Baby Lips! Would love to see your swatches on all these. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could swatch them all but sadly they aren't mine :(

      Delete
  10. Welcome back! I really like the look of the baby lips! Think I may be tempted to buy on amazon uk...

    thepocketsizedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marufa - hope you like it :)

      Delete
  11. Glad you had a great time away! That nail polish shade is so pretty, im in love!
    the Kajal looks really good too, great staying power. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. I love the polish too!

      Delete
  12. Are you back? I wasn't quite sure seeing as you've gone missing since your return! Ahem. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Which mall is it? So true India has everything now except ulta & a few small not so important brands.

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)