Sunday, 5 May 2013

10 fab things for under a fiver!

Hi ladies

I wanted to show you a few things that I have in my beauty collection for under a fiver that I really recommend. These aren't necessarily my Top 5 (some things I don't have at the moment) but just a selection of fab things for under £5.


Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge - £4.99 (Currently buy one get one half price)
I really love this sponge. Until now I only used the sponge on my mum but considering I have dry flaky skin I have no idea why I was fixated on using my buffing brushes instead of giving this a go. I apply it damp and this helps to apply my foundation with minimal flaking and sheer out some of my heavier foundations. I would love to see how different the original beauty blender is from this dupe.

Natural Collection Body Spray -  £2
With spring and summer upon us, I think these fresh and fruity sprays are perfect. I don't like the normal body sprays in aerosol cans and don't use perfume everyday so these are a great alternative. I have used the Apple & Lime scent before and I'm almost out of the Mango & Papaya. The only issue is they don't linger very long so if that bothers you you'll need to chuck one in your bag.

Vitamin e Hot Cloth Cleanser (£5.99 uhohhhhh. When I googled this it was on offer for £4.99 so I mistakenly took that for the full price until I just checked. It still is on offer by the way but hold off, you can get it for half price sometimes).
I can't go on about this any more, I fear I will lose readers. Here is the original review of my Holy Grail product and another post will be coming up comparing the different ones I have so for now I'll be quiet and apologise for my pricing error.

MUA eyeshadows (£1/£4)
I have no idea why I didn't include my Heaven & Earth palette in this but I'm sure you've all heard the hype. In the photo above I have one of the MUA single shadows which I think are fantastic value. If there is a colour you use regularly and don't want a whole palette then I suggest picking up a single. They are so pigmented and creamy. I personally chose the Heaven & Earth over the sleek neutral palette after swatching the two and finding the lighter colours from the sleek one slightly chalkier.

Rimmel 1000 kisses Lip Liner (2.99)
I have quite a few colours in this range and the they are all pigmented and creamy. What more would you really need from a lip liner? They have quite a few colours and I tend to use them by themselves most of the time.

MUA 'clear' mascara - (£1)
Yes, I am still using that 'far from' clear mascara. I find that the pigment that has built up helps to tint my brows (is that disgusting?) kdontjudgethanks. This does the job even with my unruly brows and I don't see the point of spending more than I need too.

ELF Treat & Tame (£3.75)
I have a whole comparison post on this and the ELF eyebrow kit so take a look here if you're interested. It's fab for quick grooming.

ELF studio brushes (mostly £3.75).
I find these brushes to be really soft, really good quality & long lasting, There was a point where these were the only inexpensive brushes around that I would recommend to people but with the arrival of Real Techniques things are a little different.

MUA lipsticks (£1)
Shade 11 is my favourite of the lot but for £1 I find these to be really creamy and pigmented. If you want to get a shade you would rarely wear and so can't justify a heavy price tag then this would be a good place to start or if you want to build up a whole collection fast.

ELF Mineral Booster (£5)
I have raved about this before too. I sold my MAC MSF because I just couldn't see what it was doing any better than this. This sets foundation in a way that is good for dry skin while still allowing the skin to glow. They have different sizes and shades.

So that was that, 10 things (ok ok well technically 9) for under a fiver. I know most things are predictably ELF and MUA but what can I say, they do a few things cheap & well. Maybe I can do a few things for under £10 if anybody is interested and that way I can incorporate more brands? Anyhu, do leave a comment with your favourite product for under £5 below.

Till next time...Toodles! :)




15 comments:

  1. I love MUA lippies Mez - you just can't go wrong for the price can you? Not tried the single eye-shadows yet - I have no idea why! Must have a go with the hot-cloth cleanser! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely can't go wrong at that price!

      Delete
  2. I still haven't properly used my elf brushes, hmm great post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salaam sister
      I have not tried any of these products
      Read rave reviews on the vitamin e cleanser

      Delete
  3. Ohhhh i want to try the hot cloth cleanser!

    www.missbeautyadikt.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think if you do x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I think you said on your blog you have oilier skin so not sure how it'll work for you but fingers crossed x

      Delete
  5. Fab budget post! Really want to try the Cosmo sponge! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I have to try a few on these!! We're clearly on the same wavelength ;)

    x

    http://hannahandherthriftiness.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha we are indeed! Thanks for swinging by :)

      Delete
  7. great post hun! Cannot wait to give a few of these a try. I'm always a sucker for a good deal so thank you!

    Easmin xoxo

    http://www.ohhsopeachy.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)