Saturday, 25 May 2013

17 Hide & Chic concealer - Light Beige/Light Rose.

Hi ladies

Today I'm reviewing a concealer that joined my collection recently but has become my go to concealer as of late. I got both these concealers in separate swaps funnily enough but the one that matches my skintone and I use regularly is the light beige as the other one, light rose has a pink undertone. This retails for around £4.99 I believe although I can't seem to find it on the website so can't confirm unfortunately.


The concept is similar to the YSL Touche Eclat in that it is a highlighting concealer. Instead of the clicky button, the 17 version has a twisty mechanism to release the product.





I use this concealer to brighten up my under eye area on days I want to apply something to my face but don't want to wear foundation. The coverage isn't amazing as you can see from the swatches but that's not what I want from an 'everyday' concealer and I don't think that is the purpose. It's easy to blend and doesn't feel dry on my already sahara desert like skin so it gets a thumbs up from me.

I know there are quite a few highlighting concealer pens available on the high street now which I'm yet to try but at £4.99 this is quite a good option.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

6 comments:

  1. You can say that again Mez, there are so many highlighting pens out there (and I have more than my fair share - in fact I'm accumulating so many different concealers it's getting ridiculous)! As you say though this is great for everyday use and a great price too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will come to you when I'm on the hunt for my next one :)

      Delete
  2. I think that Api has one- a Maybelline one however until you did this post I didn't realise it was a concealer so I won't be using that again as I do not use concealers and am currently on a make up diet lol. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very light concealer though if that makes a difference?

      Delete
  3. Looks good! I have two, one is white, from Sephora and the other looks similar to the yellow one you have, but is more gold. I find the highlighter pens perfect to highlight with, and not to cover any blemishes. I love using them in the inner corners of my eyes or on my cheekbones to highlight. I think it's a little Kim K-ish if I use them under my eyes. Too much highlight under the eyes for me :p

    The ones you have actually look lovely. Not too much coverage, like you said!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not light enough in shade to have the kim-k effect on me. I tend to stay away from that look too x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)