Thursday, 16 May 2013

Benefit Lip Plump - my first lip primer.

Hi ladies

I got a sample of this lip primer quite a while ago in a swap and I sort of forgot about it till I was going through my collection finding products to test out while I was doing nothing around the house. I figure that's the best time to test out new things because if it's horrendous you'll find out in the comfort of your own home without showing anyone and normally when you're applying your make up to actually go out you don't have time to experiment. Wow, that was one serious pointless introduction. This retails for £15.50 for 2.50g of product.


It comes in similar packaging to lip gloss with a doe foot applicator. This is a teeny cute sample and the product is a very weird matte, beige coloured creamy texture. It basically gives you nude concealer lips without being as drying. Benefit says to apply 2 dots on upper and lower lips, pat and blend, allow it to dry and then apply lipstick.


The problem I tend to have with lipstick is that the edges of my lips are much darker than the rest of my lips (quite common amongst Asians I believe) and I am now trying out a few other techniques to combat this (which I will blog about soon). As you can see the top photo is of my full on concealer nude lips and the bottom one is post lipstick application (MUA shade 11 in case you were wondering).

This lipstick has genuinely never looked so good. The colour is actually showing up true to colour on my lips which because of the natural pigment of my lips rarely happens. Also the darkness around the lips has been reduced which are the best things about this lip primer for me.

One of the functions of a primer is to help things last longer and I'm not entirely sure that is the case although the matte surface must help. I also don't need want help with plumping but others might do and I don't know if this actually does anything to aid that. At the same time by getting rid of the lip outline, it can make the area look bigger if that makes sense? A negative I have noticed with this product is that it makes that white ring form in the inside of my lips from where it is drying up so you need to keep a eye on that. Other than these issues I like that it blanks out the pigmentation of my lips without having to cover them up with foundation and therefore making the lipstick colour appear more vivid.

Have you ever used a lip primer? Which ones would you recommend?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

6 comments:

  1. What a cool product, the MUA lippy you've put on looks lovely with that primer underneath xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really makes the colour 'pop' (for want of a better word) x

      Delete
  2. Never tried a lip primer but tempted after this as my lips are very pigmented, a great post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely helps tone down the pigment suzanne :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my god. The white ring. It drives me sooooo mad. Would completely avoid this just for that! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so gross! It isn't too bad with this but some glosses. ewww!

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)