Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Foundations that don't match me.

Hi ladies

Bit of a random post today but I was having a clearout and I discovered quite a few foundations that don't actually match me. Some are too light, one is too dark and one has a pink undertone. I won't be able to use them properly in terms of giving a whole review because of the mismatch so I thought I would group them together, cut my losses so to speak and move on.




Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Foundation compact - Warm Beige.
As you can see this cream foundation is almost finished. I didn't use it but got it in a swap and it was way more used than I expected so I didn't feel comfortable using it. The time I tried it, I realised it was way too pink for my skintone anyway (weird considering it's described as beige) so not a huge loss.

GOSH natural touch foundation - Almond
I got this for the bargain price of 99p in the clearance section of superdrug. I can't complain for that price but I am annoyed it is too dark for me (even with the post India tan) because I found it really nice and 'moisturising' for my dry skin.

NARS sheer glow - Santa Fe
I have heard so much about this foundation and was so excited to get a sample after making an online order at hq hair I believe (especially because the ladies at the NARS counter in selfridges never give me a sample when I ask) but sadly this is just too light for my skin. I did give it a go and surprisingly contrary to the name, it isn't as sheer as I expected and weirdly enough doesn't give as much of a glow as I expected either. Maybe the light shade just isn't doing my skin any favours so I still want to try it in a shade that matches me (but I refuse to buy it without a sample, we ain't talking 5 quid here).

MUA BB cream - Medium
This is again too light for me and there's only one other shade which is lighter than this. This is a thick creamy consistency as opposed to a liquid which makes it more difficult to buff in. However, as it is so thick it gives decent coverage for a BB cream.

I couldn't give in depth reviews as I don't wear them out of the house but I thought I'd make a post out of it before I passed them on (and threw one in the bin). I'm not one to miss out on a blogging opportunity and I find these random posts quite different to the usual ones out there so why not?

Be sure to let me know what you think in the comments.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

16 comments:

  1. I find the selfridges ladies snooty at the nars counter. the giorgio armani ones however give loads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gotten a sample from armani before but that's because they were advertising it x

      Delete
  2. As weird as it may sounds: I like less positive posts more than the positive ones. I loved reading this post too :)
    How weird is it that they dont want to give you a sample at Nars? You gotta try before you buy, right?? So stupid!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very stupid. Don't think this post was particularly negative tbh but I think I agree with you on that point x

      Delete
  3. I find it so annoying that they never want to give samples. I went to Bobbi Brown and Chanel, as soon as I said I'd want to get a sample before I purchase it, both the assistants were like 'NO. We don't have samples!'. I was like well fine I'm not buying it lol. Foundations aren't cheap and after purchasing the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation (I hated it) I refuse to buy a full size foundation without getting a sample or trying it out on my skin for the whole day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sucks that you didn't like it. It's so annoying when they say no, it's like I'm not made of money, I can't afford to throw away that sorta money!

      Delete
  4. I agree with Sal, I like the less positive posts more haha. I'm glad you didn't spend too much money on these, I'd be gutted if I had four foundations that didn't match me!

    I'm the same though, I never buy a foundation without a sample first! I know I'll regret it otherwise..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I like to try it out a few times in the comfort of my home!

      Delete
  5. Omg I have so many foundations which don't match me, I bought a Stila foundation from TK Maxx which is about 3 shades too dark thinking ' o hey I'll tan,' still never used it.it was cheap though so hey ho.

    Shame about the sheer glow, I absolutely love mine, however I would agree it's definately not sheer, it gives a pretty heavy coverage but I still think it makes me gloooow. It's a summer only foundation for me though.

    BB creams and I do not get on at all I don't think they know what the hell they are doing for darker tones.

    It's annoying that you can't get samples for a lot of foundations, especially since its so important to have the right match.

    great post btw!

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sucks about the stila foundation but hey who knows you still might tan 3 shades? ;) I agree about bb creams, guess it's because of how it started out?

      Delete
  6. Ever since my skin has cleared up it's gotten a bit lighter and all my base products are a shade too dark. I've been mixing them with the garnier bb cream to lighten them up but it gets difficult to find one thing that's a good shade match. I'm an imaginary shade between 220 and 315 in the Maybelline Fit me it seems. Interesting post to read Mez. I hope you can find something you like soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm inbetween shades with the ysl touche eclat foundation. so annoying!

      Delete
  7. I really need to try a Nars sheer Glow sample x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try one that matches! lol x

      Delete
  8. This is a cool post! This happened to me with the NARS Syracuse shade-too muddy. I always end up back with MAC! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)